mucous plug

rtempes
on 1/30/14 11:44 am

5 yrs out post RNYGB revision (10 yrs from original).  Now having problem with significant pain after certain foods and copious amounts of thick mucous.  Is it just intolerance that's new; or could this be indicative of an ulcer or stricture?  Anybody know?

AnneGG
on 1/30/14 11:57 am

Heavens, I wouldn't know- definately sounds like a doctor question to me!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

rtempes
on 1/30/14 12:01 pm

Thanks for taking time to respond, Ana.

KevinBacon
on 1/30/14 3:10 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

Get to your doctor quick. Keep us posted on how things go! I hope it's something small but just in case you really should talk to your doctor!

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

rtempes
on 3/8/14 2:21 am

FINALLY talked with my surgeon.  He said it might be an internal hernia and ordered UGI/SBFT and CT.  Glad I called.  Need to get the tests on the schedule.  thanks for the reply.

poet_kelly
on 1/30/14 6:32 pm - OH

I don't think excessive mucus is a symptom of ulcers or strictures.  I don't know what it is.  I'd ask your doc.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mrspansy
on 1/31/14 7:47 am - Montgomery Village, MD

I am 3 years out and have had the same problem. My doctor thought it might be a stricture and/or ulcer. I was diagnosed with both. After successful treatment, the problem remains. I also have a lot of nausea and vomiting. Continuing to try and figure out what this is!!!!

rtempes
on 1/31/14 9:03 am

Thank you so much for responding!  I guess I was right in thinking an endoscopy is in order.  My sincere thanks and congrats on your wt. loss.!!

Most Active