New on here

bubbyribs
on 1/31/14 1:16 am

Hi Everyone!

On February 7th I meet the surgeon, Dr. Cyriac.  Excited but nervous.  Has anyone on this forum had him as a surgeon?  Will I get my surgery date at this appointment?  Orientation was in the beginning of May @ TWH.  Grateful for any feedback!

poet_kelly
on 1/31/14 6:17 am - OH

I doubt you'll get a surgery date at your first appointment with the surgery.  He will want to determine if you are a good candiate for WLS, will almost certainly order some pre op tests, and if your insurance requires pre-authorization for WLS, he probably won't schedule your surgery until you've received the approval from the insurance company.  Besides, if you haven't even seen the surgeon yet, how do you even know you want him to perform your operation?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amy R.
on 1/31/14 9:56 am

Welcome.  You'll find lots of information here.  In fact, if you look around the site, I'll bet you even find some info on surgeon you're seeing.  Just keep in mind that they pay OH to be  on here and they are allowed to edit the feedback you'll see on that portion of the site (at least it used to be that way,  I'm sure someone will correct me if that's changed).

So. If your orientation is this upcoming May, then you'll likely not get a date until afterwards.  It all depends upon where you're at in the process.  Have you had any of your testing done?  Do you have period of supervised dieting required by your insurance?  Do you know what surgery you are wanting to have performed?  There is a LOT of footwork involved in the WLS process.  We can probably answer more questions if you can be more specific.

amy