Revision

aggieknight
on 2/11/14 8:10 pm

After almost three years I  having a revision on my gastric bypass from April 2007. April 25 will mark 7 years since I had it. The only reason I  doing the revision and going tonthevsleve is because I have an ulcer that I have not been able to heal. I even though I am looking forward to having the surgery done  and I trust my surgeon 100% I am still nerveous. Any help would be appetciayed to keep loesing the weight this time and exetsise tips would help. 

Candy V.
on 2/12/14 2:18 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Best wishes on a speedy recovery from your revision.  I hope it will get rid of the ulcer for you.  Follow you surgeons plan post op and you will continue to lose. 

As for exercise, start slow and increase over time.  Find something you like.  I like yoga and zumba even though I am not good at either one! 

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

smckiss
on 2/12/14 3:02 pm - San Jacinto, CA
RNY on 05/02/12
smckiss
on 2/12/14 3:08 pm - San Jacinto, CA
RNY on 05/02/12

I am also having a revision done on March 12. I have an ulcer and a gastro gastric fistula. My original surgery was May of 2012. I understand how you feel. I'm nervous also. Just stay strong and have faith and you will do great. The best of luck to you!

smckiss
on 2/13/14 3:39 am - San Jacinto, CA
RNY on 05/02/12

MsBatt
on 2/14/14 7:38 am

Is your BMI still 52? If so, I suggest that you find a different surgeon and get revised not to a Sleeve, but to a complete Duodenal Switch. The DS has a Sleeved stomach plus an intestinal bypass similar to, but more effective than, that of your current RNY/gastric bypass. Unlike what you've got now, this would give you permanent malabsorption of a significant per centage of the calories you eat, especially the calories from FAT.

Most Active