Stall / Plateau ?? Why am I able to eat a 4oz cottage cheese ??

optiplex
on 2/12/14 8:25 am

Hello All,

Just looking for encouragement because I am not sure what's going on . I am not really a newbie ... had a RNY in 2005 and a revision on 01/10 to curb my weight gain. I was 174 when I came back from the hospital and have lost 25lbs since. I am grateful for surviving the major surgery and the 2nd chance but just wondering why/how I can eat a 4oz yogurt or cottage cheese with no issues and now it seems my weight has stalled and even gone up a couple of pounds this past week.

It looks like losing weight after a revision is much more difficult or less rapid than the first time. Any revisioners out there ? Again, I am grateful for the 2nd chance at using this tool. I guess I am just expecting to see more in terms of weight loss.

Any insight is appreciated. Thank you in advance

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/12/14 9:16 am - OH

Use the site search function (the magnifying glass) and search "week three stall" for thousands of posts about why you aren't losing right at the moment.  

You can eat 4 ounces of cottage cheese and yogurt because they are both "slider" foods that slide out of your pouch quickly and by the time you are done eating, the first few bites of the meal have already exited the pouch and slid into the intestine.  If you eat things like that slowly enough, you could eat VERY large amounts of them.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

optiplex
on 2/12/14 9:24 am

Thank you for your feedback.

MyLady Heidi
on 2/13/14 12:16 am

Everything that you chew to a liquid consistancy is going to slide through your pouch.  Try eating 4 ounces of chicken and see what happens.  I still cannot eat more then a few ounces of chicken at one time even at 9 years out.  Last night for dinner I had a grilled chicken salad with teriyaki sauce, it was about a half cup of chopped up chicken, some blue cheese crumbles and on a bed of field greens, covered in seasame seeds.  I ate from the smallest bowl my bf's bar has and still I could eat only half of the serving.

You are now losing weight based on the percentage of weight you have left to lose, which is much much lower then where you started from.  So the latest 5 pounds is going to take many times longer to get off then the first five.

Most Active