Sort of OT - Perfume

Cunning_Pam
on 2/15/14 8:55 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I've always loved wearing nice perfume. I don't wear so much that it will choke the person standing ten feet from me, but I have to admit that I enjoy scents with a good amount of sillage. Opium has been my go-to scent for years and years now, but lately I've become smitten by Tom Ford Black Orchid. It's amazing stuff, and I love how it changes from hour to hour. On me, it starts out really swampy and chocolatey, but finishes with a kind of incense-y oriental scent...intriguing! Anyway, I've always understood that perfume can smell very different on different people based on personal body chemistry. Has anyone lost a lot of weight and found out that their favorite scent smells different afterward? I'm wondering if the dietary and metabolic changes have enough of an effect to notice in the perfumes we wear.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

wrussell3
on 2/15/14 4:59 pm - NC

I could only smell my Escada sparingly at my heaviest.  After losing 149 lbs it smells fabulous all the time.  I feel it must have to do with sweating profusely at 289 lbs as opposed to 150.  I think sweat has a lot to do with it.  Just my opinion.  To add, I don't sweat anymore!  I think the perfume is doing what it is supposed to do when our bodies don't secrete so much sweat!

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/14 2:57 am

We have similar tastes in perfume and yes, I have noticed a change.  I love Tom Ford Black Orchid and many of his other scents too, but my favorite has always been the Creed.  Since losing weight, I now find that gourmand perfumes, such as Ginger Cookie by Jo Malone smells exquisite on me.  Before, it would have seemed to sweet but now it's enchanting and just right.  I still like the deeper darker more oriental type of smells in the winter, but summer months allow me to change it up now.  I am not sure if my body chemistry has changed or my perception of myself that is the real change. 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1428 views