Fat Girl Slim/Firming creams??

fionax
on 2/17/14 2:18 am - VA

Has anyone used Fat Girl Slim, and is it any good? Or are there any other creams you would recommend to try to tighten up, especially the tummy and under arms?

Thanks!

HW: 280    SW: 235     Surgery date: 10/28/13

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/17/14 2:31 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I believe the general consensus around here is that lotion isn't going to do much good for the amount of "tightening" needed after post-surgery weight loss; your best bet is to save your money. Bounceback is determined by genetics, age, and MAYBE hydration/protein/etc., but if your skin has been stretched out by being overweight for many years, it's unlikely that anything other than surgery is going to get rid of large amounts of it.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 2/17/14 3:30 am
RNY on 08/21/12
On February 17, 2014 at 10:31 AM Pacific Time, sparklekitty wrote:

I believe the general consensus around here is that lotion isn't going to do much good for the amount of "tightening" needed after post-surgery weight loss; your best bet is to save your money. Bounceback is determined by genetics, age, and MAYBE hydration/protein/etc., but if your skin has been stretched out by being overweight for many years, it's unlikely that anything other than surgery is going to get rid of large amounts of it.

Yes. The only good thing that creams and lotions will do is make money for people who sell creams and lotions.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Bette B.
on 2/17/14 7:09 am

Save your money.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/17/14 11:33 am - OH

Yep, don't waste your money!  No cream or lotion is going to restore elasticity to skin that has been stretched too much and/or too far, even if there isn't a lot of the extra skin.  If there IS a lot of excess skin, the only thing that will get rid of it is plastic surgery.

Lora 

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Mary Catherine
on 2/17/14 12:50 pm

At the time I had my surgery, I was selling Arbonne.  They had some very expensive products for skin defoliating and tightening.  Even though most people warned me that I was wasting my money, I started using those products right after surgery.  They cost about $100 a month.

My skin looked tight and firm throughout my weight loss process.  When I told my new personal trainer about my surgery and showed her my before pictures, she was amazed.  She said she had never seen a post-op person with the firm skin that I have.  I was 59 having surgery. 

The products that I used are no longer sold.  Maybe my skin would have turned out just as well without the products.  I saw surgery as a last-ditch effort to look and feel better.  I gambled on the cream knowing that it might be a waste of money.

I know nothing about the Fat Girl Slim product.  I know the biotin did not stop the hair fallout.  I know that Wen makes my hair look and feel thicker and healthier. I believe the expensive vitamins and proteins did make a difference for me.

It is just a chance that you take and you may be happy with the results or may just feel like you wasted your money.  In addition to the creams I spent a lot of time working out on weight machines and doing water exercises with foam weights.

Valerie G.
on 2/21/14 6:21 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Lycra shapers do so much better.  Don't waste your money.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/14 8:43 pm - California City, CA

I have little bit confusion about the product whether it is effective or not....

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1379 views