6 month mark!!!

Chris M.
on 2/23/14 3:09 am
RNY on 08/12/13

I thought I might take a moment to post an update since have passed the 6 month post-operator mark.  Life has moved so fast and there is so much to accomplish that I lost track of time.  I can't believe it's been six months!

Once I made it back to work, my coworkers were a good support for me.  I already had my family, who have been amazed at how I look.  I am never afraid to answer questions about my surgery, weight loss, diet, or the aches and the pains that came with it.  I am glad and proud that I did it.

So number one...my weight is at 203.8, which is down 81 pounds from the morning of my surgery.  My surgeon, Dr. Geoffrey Wilcox of Hope Bariatrics, said that I could lose 20 to 30 more before my body stops losing.  Amazing!

So now what are the other effects am I enjoying from my wls?  My sleep apnea is gone, my blood pressure is down, tons more energy.  Diabetes has become much improved.  I am now on metformin (temporarily) and long lasting insulin, but looking to go to a pill that works for short and long terms.  I am also taking a lower dose of synthroid.  

I still get nausea after I eat, and I do dump if I don'****ch, the metformin reduced my appetite,so I eat even less.  When I am done, I'm done for a while.  I do aim for the proteins first, then veggies and potatoes.  I have now added a B vitamin to my diet, too.  I am no longer caffeine free as I need a boost in the morning.  I believe I am doing well, so does Dr. Wilcox.

Finally, I started out in a size 44 pants and XXL shirt size.  I now wear 36 and L. Don't know where I will end up, so I'll but 1 or 2 outfits new and get my butt to thrift shops.

I do want to say that I wouldn't be where I am if I didn't bust my butt at the gym and at home.  I use my elliptical for between 30 and 45 minutes along with resistance training.  I have to be able to do it.  Being a success story is the object here.

Newstart2014
on 2/23/14 3:38 am - NC

Way to go Mark!

SunnyGal14
on 2/23/14 4:57 am
VSG on 08/06/14

Awesome job! Keep us posted!

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/14 10:58 am

Cheering you onwards towards your goals.. but you got me at the elliptical. I can walk for a long long time, even briskly but that dang elliptical just does me in... lol I'm finally up to 10 mintues.. and that is no resistance, so I applaud you

Dcgirl
on 2/24/14 8:14 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I call it "The Machine of Death" and I stick to the treadmill! I don't know what it is about that Ellyptical!

And losing 81 lbs in six months is so awesome, OP! You have a whole forum of people cheering for you :) Way to go!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/14 9:04 am
Chris M.
on 2/24/14 8:16 am
RNY on 08/12/13

Thank you everyone, I totally am in it to win it!  Whatever "it" is!  lol

Chris M.
on 2/24/14 6:45 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

The "old" me had knee troubles on the treadmill a few years ago, so I have done my burning on the elliptical.

Most Active