First Appointment w Surgeon

SunnyGal14
on 2/21/14 10:00 am, edited 2/21/14 10:32 am
VSG on 08/06/14

Hi All- I had my first appointment/consult with my surgeon today. I'm still a little undecided on which surgery to get but either way, I'm super excited!  I was concerned about my regular use of Advil if i had RNY and the doctor told me it could still be taken as long as you take prilosec too.  So any thoughts on that would be appreciated.   (He's done over 2,000 surgeries at this point)

I'm so glad I have this forum to come to as you all truly understand the excitement through the stages. Hopefully I'll be on the losers bench in six months! Fingers crossed!  

christinamudd
on 2/21/14 7:40 pm

I heard they recommend against NSAIDS because it could cause problems with especially the bypass.  He basically said rare/very occasional uses of Advil should be ok but to use tylenol for a majority of the time.   Not that they should, but my mom and dad both had the bypass and both take advil all the time (not recommending it just commenting).   I haven't had my surgery yet so I am new too! I wish you great luck!  

HW: 407  CW: 359 - RNY 02/18/15

SunnyGal14
on 2/21/14 7:55 pm
VSG on 08/06/14

Thank you!

Katy214
on 2/21/14 8:21 pm
RNY on 02/18/14
I had my surgery this week with Dr Gagne. The office staff are very helpful there. Glad you are excited!

SunnyGal14
on 2/22/14 1:53 am
VSG on 08/06/14

Thanks! Hope you are doing well! Keep me posted 

kipark
on 2/22/14 7:07 am

Hi there, my name is Kim, I had the rny surgery on Feb. 10th 2014. I am 12 days out from the surgery. I started on liquids and have slowly progressed to some soft foods. I really have to make sure the food is soft because if it is not it will get stuck and that is painful, right in between your breast bones. Anyways a few days ago I was at a point that I was regretting the surgery. I thought I would never be able to eat again. I was so hungry. Today I ate a tablespoon of baked fish a tablespoon of cream potatoes and a tablespoon of black eyed peas. I had to really chew the food a lot. I am starting to realize that I can only eat healthy because grease or anything that is not good for you makes me sick. My bowel movements have changed so much. I used to have a tough stool and had to strain but now my poop is like sauce or liquidy, which is strange to me. I poop about 1 hour to 2 hours after I eat and that is every time I eat. This surgery really makes you wake up and realize that you only need a very little bit of food to survive. I cannot eat bread and would not dare try to eat anything hard or tough. I wish you luck ... my weight has been fluctuating anywhere from 30 lbs lost to 24 pounds lost. I wish you luck ... it looks like this surgery is working but I have to try to stick with mainly liquids for now ... and somehow I am now okay with that.Good Luck in whatever your choice may be and God bless you!

SunnyGal14
on 2/22/14 7:16 am
VSG on 08/06/14

Thank you for your reply! Seems like you're doing well. Good luck to you also! 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1466 views