Freaking Out 2 Days Before DS Surgery

theamazingtif
on 2/22/14 2:09 pm - Rockwall, TX

I'm scheduled for DS surgery on 2/25/14.  Up til now, I've been very calm about this whole thing.  Suddenly, I'm starting to second guess it.  Is this feeling normal?  Is it the liquid diet messing with my head?  I'm not backing out now but my nerves are definitely kicking in.  Help!!!

jdsparkee
on 2/22/14 11:41 pm
RNY on 01/28/14

I had an RNY but will say that second guessing and nervousness are completely normal!  I thought about the procedure for a few years before I actually went to my first meeting and then had 6 months of supervised nutritional classes.  I did great, planned and researched everything I could... then the week before surgery I second guessed EVERYTHING!  I'm fairly new to WLS but hang in there.  It will be worth it in the end! :)

SW: 226  CW:166   M1: -27 M2: -11 M3: -16 M4: -3 (health issues)

RNY Surgery Date: 1/28/14 

theamazingtif
on 2/22/14 11:57 pm - Rockwall, TX

Good. It's not just me. I actually decided on all this in just a couple of months. My head knows all the science says this is the right call. I guess it's actually becoming real now. I'm glad you're doing so well. How are you feeling now?

MsBatt
on 2/23/14 2:15 am

A little over ten years ago I had my DS. I have not had one moment's regrets. My DS has absolutely the BEST thing I've ever done for myself.

I'd write more, but I'm off to eat Chinese. (*grin*)

christinamudd
on 2/23/14 4:51 am

This is the beginning of the new chapter in your life!  You spent a long time researching this and debating! You deserve this!  Keep your head up and congratulations!

White Dove
on 2/23/14 9:07 am - Warren, OH

The time right before surgery was the hardest part of the journey for me.  Lots of fear, second guessing, wondering if I should try Weigh****chers one more time.  After the surgery was over I wondered why I did so much worrying.  Just hang in there, your life is about to change for the better.

theamazingtif
on 2/23/14 9:51 am - Rockwall, TX

Thank you!!!!  I'm taking my worries as a good sign. Just another part of the process.....

Racewalker48
on 2/23/14 10:49 am
RNY on 02/17/14

Hello!

I am new to this forum and like you, I also started to second guess myself a week before surgery.  Since my surgery, I am happy with my decision and looking forward to getting back to working out and seeing the medical benefits of losing weight.  I agree, it is a part of the process. Even my surgeon told me that if was wasn't a little nervous, that he would consider it a bit abnormal  I took comfort in that because before surgery, I was nervous. Good luck to you!

theamazingtif
on 2/23/14 10:53 am - Rockwall, TX

How are you feeling now???  Are you back to work yet?  Anything I should be prepared for?

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1402 views