Eggface's baked ricotta variations

Linda B.
on 2/26/14 2:33 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Well, I usually post over on the VSG forum, but this was to good to not share with everyone. I am a huge fan of Michelle's over at http://www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/. Her recipe ideas are great for both WLS patients, and non-WLS people too. Our family loves her baked ricotta dish (2 VSG's in the house) Even our picky son loves it. Anyway, Since DH and I are both seasoned sleevers, I have messed with the basic recipe and here is what we do to change it up occasionally. Instead of marinara sauce, I will use sloppy joe sauce and add grass-fed organic ground beef (cooked). I have also used leftover crock-pot buffalo chicken (post from a couple of years ago) with a little extra sauce, for this one I use cheddar/jack cheese blend. Super yummy, and leftovers freeze well. We are both teachers so we take our lunch (we won't even eat that "food" they serve to the kids), I am always making extra to set the freezer up with future lunches.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Eggface
on 2/26/14 8:31 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Sounds delicious and thank you for the kind words!

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Mary Gee
on 2/27/14 3:52 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Linda, that sounds delicious.

I'm a big fan of Shelly's website - I'm using it as a guideline - stocking up on supplies I'll need post-op.  She has delicious recipes.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Scribbler
on 2/27/14 6:57 am

Tonight is a family member's birthday, so we're having a party. I just put Eggface's ricotta bake over some extra chicken parmesan that I had in the fridge from another dinner, and topped the cheese with pepperoni, onions and red bell peppers. And I made the casserole in cute individual little mini-crocks ****ach). It's cooking now. It's like a little mini pizza bake, except low-carb. I think I'll serve it with a tossed salad with salami bits and little crumbles of Italian raw-milk parmesan, tomatoes, more peppers, and homemade Italian dressing.

I'm not ready to eat any of it at 3.5 weeks out - in fact, honestly the thought of trying to eat one of those sounds pretty daunting at this stage - so I'll just nibble a little bit of tuna fish instead for my dinner. I have some nice yellowfin saved up.

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

Linda B.
on 2/28/14 1:03 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I think I saw that photo over on the VSG forum, that looks great. I think I will try that next time.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1437 views