Help

brnsugar91
on 3/4/14 3:25 am

I have been having severe coughing at night with fluid build up in my throat. This does not occur during my waking hours and has just started about 4-5 days ago. Does anyone have these symptoms or can tell me what is going on here. I have an appt. to see the doctor on Thursday about this, but would like some help now....

Kate -True Brit
on 3/4/14 3:44 am - UK

This sounds like acid reflux.

Your first actions should be to take a few simple precautions (see below) but if they have no effect, your band is probably too tight and you need some fluid removed. You should not just live with it, you need to get it sorted out as reflux can damage th tissues of the oesophagus and an over-tight band  can have serious consequences. So your doc appt is good!

Meanwhile

avoid spicy food

avoid caffeine

avoid alcohol.

dont eat or drink within a couple of hours of going to bed

prop your self up on pillows

take an OTC anti-heartburn/reflux medicine (don't know your brands)

Best wishes, hope you get it sorted.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Kate -True Brit
on 3/4/14 3:52 am - UK

Just to add, you might find it odd to get tighter when you have been banded so long. It is not actually uncommon. Scar tissue round the band can build up. This has happeed twice to me in the last four years. I didn't have reflux as bad as you are describing but I am paranoid about tight bands and so both times had a tiny amount, 1/10 of a cc, removed. Both times sorted it out. No problems since. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1546 views