Gout after surgery

buffy415
on 4/1/14 9:20 pm - MA

Good morning,

I had weight loss surgery almost 3 years ago and have had basically no problems.  My husband had it about a month ago and has had so many problems.  The worst is the GOUT we cannot seem to get it under control.  Anyone have any sugestions????  We r using sour cherry that is not helping at all.  He is very discouraged.

Qajohn
on 4/1/14 9:47 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I have had gout for a long time. With Meds it has stayed in remission but since surgery, my Uric acid levels have been rising and I am a little concerned. He should see his physician and get that checked out. Gout is terribly painful. I wouldn't risk having a gout episode for anything. 

on 4/2/14 3:13 am - Canada

I am having surgery April 22nd and I have been taking meds for gout for s few yrs now.  I never even thought about it being a problem.   I will certainly check it out with my Dr.  Thanks for your story

Mac333
on 4/2/14 6:33 am
VSG on 04/24/14 with

Haven't had my surgery yet but I do have gout and boy can I sympathize...way no fun!! My first attack arrived one Saturday morning had no idea what was happening. Long story short went on the internet and found lots of suggestions for using Apple Cider Vinegar and it did the trick 4 days later with my second attack doubled up on the ACV and haven't had an attack since last November.

Good luck hope this helps.

Mac    HW  234   SW   204.8   CW   190     M1  

" The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,His merices are not spent; they are renewed every morning so great is His faithfulness"     

Lamentations 3:22-23

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1398 views