how helpful is routine and structure?

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 4/15/14 10:59 pm, edited 4/15/14 11:01 pm

very helpful, would be my assertion. "make habit your friend"

also Leisure gives rise to all the vices.

I don't know what-all vices you have but I consider donuts one of mine. now, there are a lot of ways to deal with the place down the street that makes them hot every morning: the zero tolerance, the ONE a week (moderation!)

but, in general, the best over all plan is have a life so fundamentally decent that I don't "need" a donut because I am up to my ears in self pity or stressed to the max.

and decent includes work, hopefully honest work for fair pay, in a week that is mostly routine, with some leisure thrown in.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Tracy D.
on 4/15/14 11:41 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

One word:  Immensely....I think it's absolutely imperative to success, especially the first few months post-op, that a person embrace a very disciplined routine for drinking, eating, taking vitamins and exercise.   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 4/15/14 11:51 pm

way back in the pre-op years I remember reading a book from a man who had lost weight after researching what the best ways to do it.

two things I have always remembered were FIBER (because non-ops don't have restriction) and BOREDOM (because the more interesting your food is? the  more you eat!)

I do find routine is my friend, for a fact. 

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

size 8, life is great

diane S.
on 4/16/14 3:45 am

i think routine is critical . we all get in trouble when outside our routine like travel, restaurants, holidays and such.  there is quite a bit on the vsg maintenance group about this.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 4/16/14 10:10 am

the link in your siggy isn't working for me, Diane, but I search on groups and found you. I will be posting at some point.

frankly? I found the LOL cat pic and decided I wanted to post it - so I thought up a subject to go with it.

size 8, life is great

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1209 views