I bought a goal outfit... or two

mmnishik
on 4/16/14 4:48 am

I bought two dresses. one size 14 and one size 10/11.  I can't even imagine fitting into these.  I am prob getting my RNY this summer sometime. no date yet! I am currently in a 24/26 dress size... insane to think I may actually fit into these in 18months or so. red dress size 14blue dress size 10/11

What do yall think?

Anyone else buy goal outfits before surgery to help motivate them?

Single mom to 2 girls! Love them <3

Patm
on 4/16/14 4:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The dresses are really pretty. You must model them when you eventually fit into them. I had a clothes I was trying to get back into from my 20's. Some I tossed due to old style some I have now gone pass to a new size

mmnishik
on 4/16/14 4:56 am

I am in my 20's now, so I don't want to fit in the clothes from my 20's. LOL It's amazing how much people can lose and bypass their goals.  I am so happy for you! :)

I can't wait to model them for everyone. You can bet I will show them off on here for sure!

Single mom to 2 girls! Love them <3

Mac333
on 4/16/14 7:53 am
VSG on 04/24/14 with

Very pretty:) Yes, Last week my friend and I were shopping and she found a cotton long sleeve dauchsand print shirt ( I have a 5 year old doxie) and we both laughed and said I had to get it. Well I was in the XX sizes and I thought "not going to buy that size"... my surgery is next week.  So I bought a medium and look forward to wearing it next Fall. Good luck to you with your weight loss... please post pics when you achieve your goal.

Mac    HW  234   SW   204.8   CW   190     M1  

" The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,His merices are not spent; they are renewed every morning so great is His faithfulness"     

Lamentations 3:22-23

Member Services
on 4/16/14 8:12 am - Irvine, CA

We can't wait to see your photos with you wearing these!  You will look AWESOME!

AnneGG
on 4/16/14 9:02 am

Beautiful dresses! Great incentive, and yes, you will fit into them!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Cunning_Pam
on 4/16/14 9:24 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Those dresses are so stinkin' cute! I can see how they would give you incentive. Good luck, and you bet you need to model them once you can fit into them!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Ashley in Belgium
on 4/16/14 8:41 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Make sure you try them on often!  Sometimes you drop so quickly that you miss out on wearing things that you've been saving.  I also recommend taking photos of the process: i.e.:with the dress on but not zipped cause it's too tight etc.  It is SUCH a great feeling when you can wear it!  So not silly at all to buy them for inspiration - you can do it!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 6:01 am

Totally agree with this post.Try them on often.Don't spend a lot of money on clothes.Not silly at all to buy yourself something to help you keep your eye on the prize.

Kirstin S.
on 4/16/14 9:54 pm - CT

I love the blue dress so much!!!  I don't have my surgery date yet either, but all my preop hoops have been jumped through, except 1 to 4 more nutrition appointments. I'm looking for the perfect goal outfit. I'd love a dress just like that blue one :)

Highest weight: 296- Consult weight: 292- Surgeons goal: 167- My goal: 145 Hight 5'5. Had RNY on 8/11/14

Most Active