newbie here, had lap band from hell for 11 years, now revising to bypass :)

feisty_one
on 4/16/14 5:57 am - United Kingdom

hi everyone, 

im new here, im 34 married mum to 4 daughters, had lapband surgery 11 years ago which was hell from start to finish, had it removed 8 weeks ago and now waiting for a bypass, :)

Mac333
on 4/16/14 7:46 am
VSG on 04/24/14 with

Welcome! So sorry to hear of all your past problems. Congratulations on your choice to continue your WLS journey. Good Luck!!

Mac    HW  234   SW   204.8   CW   190     M1  

" The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,His merices are not spent; they are renewed every morning so great is His faithfulness"     

Lamentations 3:22-23

Cunning_Pam
on 4/16/14 9:26 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Glad to hear your crap band is gone! I know some people have great results with it, but it seems that many, many people don't.

Welcome to the world of the bypassers! Come say hello on the RNY boards when you get a chance. I especially recommend the "What's on the menu today RNYers" thread for inspiration and support.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

amtrotta
on 4/16/14 11:12 am

Hello Pam. I am new here as well and came across your response to someone else. You recommended the "What's on the Menu Today RNYers" thread. I am in DESPERATE need of support and inspiration. I initially lost 138 lbs and was so proud of my self. Somehow around the dreadful holidays I found a way to cheat and not dump. Since then, I have gained 18 lbs back and you can really see it. I refuse to buy bigger clothes, and I am determined not to let my food addiction to control me. Can you please provide me with the link of the forum/thread you referred to? It would be greatly appreciated.Thank you SO much! Have a good evening... ~amt

Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 7:38 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Hi, amtrotta! I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner. I've send you a PM, but will also post the info here in case other people can use it.

The What's on the Menu thread is put up daily, so the link to it will change on a daily basis. Here's a link to the RNY forum, though, where that particular thread gets posted. Just look for previous days threads to get an idea what people are eating, and then watch for the new one each day. Jump in with your menu and your comments, I think you'll find it a safe space to work through your questions!

Also, have you checked into the Back on Track Together group? They're very active, and may be just the place for you to get some additional help from the perspective of regain.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Ashley in Belgium
on 4/16/14 8:38 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Welcome!  Their are lots of us on this forum who have had a revision from the Crap Band to RNY and the Sleeve.  I lived with the Band for 7 years and am now thrilled with my RNY and would do it over again in a heartbeat!  Hope you decide to hang out here and share.  Good luck with your surgery!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1477 views