This liquid pre op diet is driving me crazy

jbraeger
on 4/16/14 12:18 pm

So I've been so excited about the surgery, but the last few days I've been so miserable with this liquid diet. My surgery is on Friday and I'm so close but also so close to going insane with this liquid diet crap. I hate to be negative but I really miss REAL food. I'm not thinking I want to devour a large pizza or a bucket of chicken, I just want a simple burrito or a sandwich, just something real and tangible. Tonight, for the first time I really contemplated if I made the right decision. I don't like the hunger pains. I wish there a pill I could take to lessen the hunger pains. Sorry, I just have to vent. I hope this surgery comes soon as something has to change very soon. I'd rather be in physical pain than be hungry constantly. Oh well, just had to vent....

kathkeb
on 4/16/14 12:32 pm, edited 4/16/14 12:32 pm

Yep, it stinks .... But you are almost there!!!

hang tough ... I always found a cup of warm tea to be very soothing when hungry .... Maybe that will help you.

You will be on the other side very soon, and the life there is SO worth this short term discomfort.

Kath

Darkwingdc
on 4/16/14 12:59 pm - MI

Hing tight, only a few days left.  I am on day 3 of 22 so i know the feeling all to well.  Friday will be here before you know it.

jbraeger
on 4/17/14 12:37 am

Thank you :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 1:41 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Hang in there, Jeffrey!  Keep your end goal in mind and look forward to life after surgery.  In the grand scheme, the liquid diet, and the stages that follow, are just a blip on the journey and you will soon be eating real food.  It will be worth the wait!

kjb71
on 4/17/14 8:57 am
RNY on 04/30/14

I feel ya! I am on day 2 of my 14 day liquid diet! Hang in there - we got this!!! Eyes on the prize!

jbraeger
on 4/17/14 10:26 am

We do!!! Thanks :) 

Tanya S.
on 4/17/14 9:51 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Just one more day and you will be through with the pre op diet!  I know it is hard to believe, but a few days after surgery and you won't be hungry. There will be times you will have to sit down and eat because it is time to refuel, not because your stomach/head says you want something.

jbraeger
on 4/17/14 10:24 am

I'm looking forward to that !!! Thank you .

spkz007
on 4/22/14 9:19 am - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

Hang in there Jeff it will all be worth it. I am 12 days Post-OP and have already lost 20 pounds. You wont even be thinking about eating after surgery. Just make sure you get your protein and water in. Its very important. You don't want to get dehydrated. Good Luck.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1347 views