New to the Forum > Having VSG in 4 days

webhopper
on 4/17/14 5:20 am

Hi there I am new to the forum.  I am scheduled to have surgery on the 21st...  four days!!!  omg I am so nervous.

My surgeon is Dr. Ladd Atkins in Tulsa, OK and I'm having VSG laproscopically.  I've been on a liquid diet for shrinking the liver since Monday, April 7.

I had one slip up, where I had to eat chili at work due to having to go to a restaurant with the audit team during a work audit.  Chili was the only soupy food they had, and I figured it would be ok since it was low in sugar and carbs.

I'm a member on a site called BariatricPal, but I can only post there from my Kindle.

Anyone else having surgery on the same day?

Cathy W.
on 4/17/14 9:10 am

I suggest that you call your surgeon's office to let them know.  I'd think since it was only once and you've been compliant since then that you should be okay.  Whenever we lose weight, the first internal organ to reflect a weight loss is our liver.  If you've been solidly following the liquid diet protocol, you've probably experience a slight weight loss but call just to make sure.

Good luck with your surgery in only FOUR days!!

Tracy3
on 4/17/14 12:31 pm

Mine is April 23rd. I take it one day at a time. It's been so hard but my eye is on the prize & going head on...This liquid diet sucks so bad, but i'm told it will be well worth it on the other side. So stay strong your almost there. Good luck to you

Member Services
on 4/17/14 1:51 pm - Irvine, CA

Most Active