Where has my energy gone?

armyofficerwife40
on 4/16/14 11:43 pm

I am 12 weeks post op gastric sleeve and I am down 50lbs. I have had an amazing journey thus far and I am looking forward to what lies ahead. I have noticed that I am extremely tired a lot. I exercise about 5 days a week, I take my multi vitamins daily, and I get B12 shots weekly. I eat balanced meal and ensure I intake anywhere from 70 to 90 grams of protein daily but still I feel zonked of energy. If I run 3 miles I am done for the rest of the day. When I wake up I want to go back to bed even though I have had 7-8 hours of sleep. Has anyone else had problems with their energy level? 

Tracy D.
on 4/17/14 12:10 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I haven't had this problem and I'm probably a lot older than you (52).  I would suggest having your doctor run a complete blood workup on you including a thyroid panel and iron levels (including ferritin).  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

armyofficerwife40
on 4/17/14 1:01 am

Thank you Tracy. I have my first blood work done Monday and my appointment with my surgeon the following week. I will definitely bring it up.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/17/14 4:29 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm in a similar spot at 4 months out. I end up napping most days, even though my blood work came back normal-- iron, B12, kidneys, the whole deal. My thyroid needs to be checked, but it was just fine a year pre-op so my surgeon isn't too worried. I'm checking in with my other doctors to see if any other meds need to be tweaked (blood pressure and bipolar meds) since that was his other suggestion.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

armyofficerwife40
on 4/17/14 5:01 am

Thank you for your response. I wish you continued success on your weight loss journey and hopefully this will pass for us both.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1421 views