Do you ever get mad at others about food?

theamazingtif
on 4/18/14 12:12 pm - Rockwall, TX

Ok, Sunday is Easter. My sister got the bright idea we all go out to lunch. My only request was that she not pick a place with a fixed price special menu. So guess what she picks?!??!  A place that serves all you can eat brunch for $18.95. I've called ahead and they'll let me order a cup of soup or something. Am I nuts to be more than a little angry?  She knows full well I'll be sitting there with my little cup of soup while everyone else is going back for seconds and thirds. 

CiCiBaby
on 4/18/14 12:20 pm

I can understand and relate to what you're saying... but I really feel like my weight loss surgery and now inability to eat as much is my 'issue', not my family and friends' burden. Some of them could use a few less trips to the buffet table though, lol. I do think it was inconsiderate of her to pick a place with only 1 choice as far as price because God knows a buffet is just a waste of money for us now. It's good that they'll just let you pay for soup or something small though. The part about having to watch them all eat, that's just a part of who we are now. :-/

Frantom
on 4/22/14 1:32 am

That was a PERFECT answer!  Exactly how I feel about the matter!

(I'm almost 3 years out, lost 130 pounds and have been dealing with this issue since the first 50 lbs went)

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/14 12:32 pm

thank you for sharing.
I am interested in this issue.

theamazingtif
on 4/18/14 12:55 pm - Rockwall, TX

Cici's right that in the end what I eat or don't is only my responsibility. I accept that. I've got no problem ordering smaller portions. Ppl really seem to get a kick out of how little it takes to satisfy me now. Still, she asked me specifically if I had any food restrictions and then chooses the one thing I asked her not to. Btw, it's just her family and mine. It's not that we're trying to accommodate dozens of ppl. Maybe it shouldn't bother me but at less than 2 months out, it does. 

Gwen M.
on 4/18/14 1:33 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Considering I went to Fogo de Chao on Tuesday, I'd have to say no.  Did I eat $30 of food? Not even close, but it was still a fun social experience!

That said, if someone asked my food requests and then completely ignored them, I'd be annoyed. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

kathkeb
on 4/18/14 2:11 pm

Honestly, yo me, 18.95 is the 'price of admission' to enjoy Easter Brunch with my family.

Eat what you can and let go of the cost. If it bothers you that much, decline,and forego the family gathering.

Who cares what you are eating, or how much others are eating?

YOU decided to change your life, the rest of the family did. Ot.

I would only be miffed if they were prodding me to eat more,or taunting me ..... And trust me, I would shut that down ina hot minute.

Kath

theamazingtif
on 4/18/14 2:17 pm - Rockwall, TX

Y'all are helping me relax about it. In truth, my sister did this as a taunt. That's who she is. She's super thin and pregnant and feels threatened. I know this so why should I let it get to me. There will always be ppl like that. I've gotta get past it. I'm lucky that the restaurant is letting me order something small.  

frisco
on 4/18/14 2:41 pm

A lot of those kind of places will let you fill a "to go" box with food for the set price.

I have a fav Indian place I love with a lunch buffet and I pack that box with protein and veggies, sit down and eat some off the top and I have food left over for about 6 more meals.

While I was still in WL mode I had to eat at a buffet in Tokyo with clients and crew, I had one of the guys take a picture of me at the buffet and sent it to my surgeon with the caption "Sometimes you have to pay $35 for 3oz. of food"

This next thought is a little sick, but I'm really enjoying seeing the people around me get bigger while I got smaller..... sick, I know.

In the end.... it's not our world, give it a few more months for your new normals to kick in and it's a non issue....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

theamazingtif
on 4/18/14 3:32 pm - Rockwall, TX

Thanks Frisco!  The funny thing about this surgery is that I have NO temptation to even try to over eat. I'll eat my little 1/2 cup of soup and that will be plenty. I guess I'll have that little victory for myself. 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1379 views