shift in the position of the band but not a slip ?

prism4105
on 4/22/14 3:44 am
RNY on 06/26/14

My band has changed from 55 degrees to less then 45 degrees I have pain and everything gets stuck? anyone else have this?

spkz007
on 4/22/14 8:57 am - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

Yes I had a lap band and it did the same thing. I had it removed last year before Thanksgiving and the problem was that it was stuck to my stomach and the only way for them to remove it was to take a small chunk of my stomach with it. Recovery was pretty sore but I recovered and now just 12 days ago I had a RNY and doing great. Already lost 20 lbs. I wish you the best.

Kate -True Brit
on 4/22/14 9:29 am - UK

Sounds like playing with words! If it has moved, then that is wrong, whether it is called a slip or a shift! It is supposed to be fastened into position.  If it has moved and everything gets stuck, it needs to be dealt with urgently. To know it has moved as you describe, I assume you had a barium swallow so I also assume the doctor has removed the saline?

the normal procedure is to remove all the saline and see if things revert to normal. If not,surgery might be necessary. You should never spend any length of time with food not passing through the band. 

What has your doctor said?

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

prism4105
on 4/23/14 12:03 am
RNY on 06/26/14

The fluid has all been removed I had an upper gi ( my second one) and I have an appt Friday I hate my band I have heartburn like mad and I constant have things stuck I'm over it, he has mention revision to rny I'm just not sure 

Kate -True Brit
on 4/23/14 12:06 am - UK

Sadly, revision is not uncommon with the band. And if you are still having problems with a totally empty band, it is hard to see what could be done apart from removal. Many on here go on to get the sleeve. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

prism4105
on 4/23/14 12:12 am
RNY on 06/26/14

My mom has the sleeve unfortunately I'm being told the sleeve is not an option because I have such severe reflux and heartburn the sleeve won't fix that and can cause more damage to the esophagus ;( I ge better with my band empty but no restriction already gaining weight back and I'm tiring to be careful what I eat 

Hislady
on 4/22/14 10:35 am - Vancouver, WA

I agree with Kate, he can call it a zebra if he wants but it is still not where it should be. The band should not move around. Get back with him and demand that something be done, you shouldn't be getting stuck like that.Be the squeeky wheel!

prism4105
on 4/23/14 12:06 am
RNY on 06/26/14

I had two upper gi and I have an appt Friday to see about correction he has mentioned rny revision I'm just not so sure my highest weight. Was 204 I'm now 163 at 5ft 1 in I'm not sure I'm big enough to have rny. But not willing to have nothing at all if the band needs removal I don't want a second band as it had been nothing but fill unfill fill unfill since day one :( ugggg frustrated 

happygurl429
on 4/23/14 1:14 am - Belleville, MI

I understand.  I've had a similar problem...fill...unfill..fill..unfill!! I originally lost 100 lbs and now have regained 50lbs of that back. I am scheduled for a revision to the sleeve on May 2.  Im ready to be back on the losing side.  Good luck with whatever you decide.  It does sound like it's urgent that something be done.  You don't want to do more damage waiting it out. 

Christina

prism4105
on 4/23/14 1:42 am
RNY on 06/26/14

Thanks and good luck with your sleeve 

Most Active