The secrets of sugar -a mus****ch-

Susan M.
on 4/21/14 3:48 am

Something very interesting from 'The fifth estate' (a Canadian tv show),  The Secrets of Sugar.

Many of us are already aware of the dangers of sugars (carbs in general), but I still think it's worth the watch.

"We've heard about the dangers of eating too much fat or salt. But there has never been a warning about sugar on our food labels - despite emerging research that suggests the sweet stuff is making more of us fat and sick. "

theamazingtif
on 4/21/14 12:12 pm - Rockwall, TX

That sounds very interesting. In my opinion, sugar is more problematic than salt. 

lonnierjones
on 4/21/14 5:02 pm

Interesting video...the sweetest things seem to be the deadliest... :D

Diabetes Diet Journal Blog

56sunShine14
on 4/22/14 11:50 am

You know...several years ago, Cher (of Sonny and Cher fame) was doing an interview on tv and said that sugar is bad, bad, bad.  She doesn't touch it!  Or didn't then.  She was trying to raise awareness but it doesn't seem like many caught on back then.  It is my heroin and I absolutely HATE that I am addicted to it.  Not much longer, thank God.

Susan M.
on 4/22/14 12:11 pm

I have been blessed (and cursed) with not having much of a sweet tooth.  My issue is when I do want something sweet, something like stevia is just *too* sweet.  I have a very hard time finding a balance with other 'sweet' things, sugar gives a different kind of sweet/texture to all of the other sweeteners.  

Sugar (and sweetener free**** cream can be sweet enough because of the lactose.  Sadly I'm currently lactose intolerant.  Trying lactaid tomorrow!

QoftheU
on 4/24/14 2:42 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

LOL  That's what I call it too!  My heroin!  And I always tell people when they offer me sugar, No, I can't have just a little heroin!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

AnneGG
on 4/22/14 11:20 pm

Interesting article about the realities of sugar and carb addiction by the doctor who works with the Clintons with their diet:

/http://drhyman.com/blog/2014/01/28/confession-food-addict/

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active