I'd kill for a diet coke

bdaycakegirl
on 4/28/14 11:41 am

An ice cold one. Straight from the can. I'd gulp it all in two long drinks. Them I'd burp and get another one. Hi, I'm Tara, and it's been 31 days since my last drink. 

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

kathkeb
on 4/28/14 1:42 pm

Aww,   Tara, I am a Diet Coke with lime in a cup with crushed ice girl myself, but I feel you.

I promise your life is better without it .... Hang in there and welcome aboard.

Kath

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/28/14 7:04 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Former coke zero addict here. I feel ya!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

MyLady Heidi
on 4/28/14 7:10 pm

Why can't you have diet coke?  If you like drinking chemicals and burping, go for it, what do you think might happen if you pour a liquid through a funnel (your stomach)?  You think the chemicals in crystal lite are okay but not diet coke?  I personally don't like to burp so soda has been off the table since bottled water became an option eons ago, but I can drink it and have sipped my bf's coke zero on occasion.

JJ0609
on 4/28/14 7:46 pm

How far out are you? Your posts don't say! I do not know when you can have a diet coke.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/28/14 9:02 pm

I am 6 years post op. I can drink diet soda, but not from a can.. I don't drink it often.. But once in a while - why not.  FYI - the only diert soda thgast taste OK is peposi max,  or diet tonic - only some brands.. The rest taste "funny"...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

TexasTerritory
on 4/28/14 9:17 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Dr Pepper addict here....regular Dr Pepper with lots of crushed ice.... It is going to be a long hot summer without my DP but I must not give in to temptation.... I feel ya!

rziller
on 4/29/14 11:29 am
VSG on 03/08/14

It must be a Texas thing because I'm right there with you!! I'd rather have a DP than any food I can think of! (Mmmm...DP and Mexican food together....) what part of TX are you in? N. Ft. Worth here. 

46 year old female- 5' 6"- Highest weight (11/2013):245; Surgery weight(3/8/2014): 231 Current Weight (5/14/14): 199.4 (PreOp: -5; M1: -18; M2: -8)

TexasTerritory
on 4/29/14 11:44 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Brownwood.

Momma and daddy lived in Arlington for a while so I am familiar with the metroplex. Grew up in far west Texas.

AnneGG
on 4/28/14 10:43 pm

Oof. Can't tolerate carbonation anymore- hurts my pouch.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1295 views