Liquid Diet that is not sweet

jmasks
on 6/7/14 7:49 am - Houston, TX
Revision on 05/27/14

I am still on the liquid diet.  Can anyone suggest something that is not sweet.  I do enjoy the broth but is there anything else that I can try.  I am sick of all the sugar free stuff.  Something nice and savory would be great. 

Thanks for the help,

jhiggins80
on 6/7/14 8:53 am

I did V-8 and that did the trick. I was tired of sugar-free prior to the surgery and now can't tolerate it but I think it's too soon since I'm just four days out. I did not do the V8 the day prior--you may want to ask as they probably want to avoid the color and added acids but maybe you can for a certain time up to the surgery.

Marguerite2014
on 6/7/14 10:04 am
VSG on 04/22/14

I like Isopure protein drink in the red punch flavor (whatever they call it.) It's not really sweet, but tart almost like cranberry or like red Rooibos tea. I was afraid I'd hate it because I'm feeling done with a lot of sweet things but I can tolerate it and kind of like it. One bottle = 160 cals/ 40 grams protein. I drink 1/2 bottle per day to keep my protein where it should be in addition to solid foods.

Good luck!!!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/7/14 10:42 am - OH

Unjury has a chicken soup protein powder.  It is very high in sodium, but is tasty.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Eggface
on 6/8/14 4:18 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I remember just wanting something savory so bad. Celebrate Vitamins makes a Chicken Soup and Tomato Soup meal replacement. Wonton soup with the wontons strained was a nice treat too.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active