Anyone Regret WLS?

MyKidsMom89
on 7/23/14 8:55 am

I am scheduled for the sleeve next month, and am nervous/scared/anxious, as this is the first time I am doing something for ME.  I wonder if anyone would be willing to post any regrets they may have after their procedure.  (Other than not doing it sooner, of course!) Things that you wish you would have known beforehand, or wish you would have asked.....  Anything at all would be very helpful to me!  Thanks in advance!

Bette B.
on 7/23/14 10:37 am

Nope! No regrets.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/23/14 11:44 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Not one single thing I regret. Not even a tiny bit.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/23/14 12:23 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Not one. Not for a minute. Not for a second. I was scared too. I wish I could have known what I know now.  I would have danced into the OR with a smile so big I'd have looked like the joker. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

D66
on 7/23/14 11:26 pm

to your comment!...love it!!

Eggface
on 7/23/14 12:24 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery. No regrets 8 years, zero complications, maintaining my weight loss... I will say I was not fully prepared for the emotional journey... the healthy eating, the moving the body but all the emotions that come with such a dramatic life change... from body image, to excess skin, to relationship changes, to coming to terms with the "stuff" that I could no longer blame on the weight. Yep I knew about it, heard about it, read about it but very different going through it and working through it. So I'd just say this... do not neglect that piece of the puzzle. 

The healthy eating, the moving the body and the head.

All the best,

Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

MsBatt
on 7/23/14 1:35 pm

Having my DS is probably to best thing I've ever done for myself.

TexasTerritory
on 7/23/14 4:46 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
No regrets and my research prepared me for the journey. Follow your plan and it will work.

rmt77468
on 7/23/14 10:16 pm - TX

VSG at  12/3/2012  3 pm monday, at 1 am,  what the hell did I do? Couple days later,  I did the right thing, no regrets. down 140 lbs from 320. 1year 7mos out I still weight my food and still droping weight.

MyKidsMom89
on 7/24/14 1:34 am

Thank you al so much for your success stories, and the lack of regret.  I think my biggest issue is that I've never done anything this major just for me. I've always supported everyone else, and it's out of my comfort zone to put myself first.  But you know what? After reading all of the conversations on this site, I think it's not a 'selfish' thing, it's a self-preservation thing.  I want to be the best version of me that I can be, for myself, my kids, my husband and any future grandchildren I may have.  I'm tired of being tired.  I'm tired of shopping in the Plus Sized section.  It's MY time now, and you know what?  I'm gonna seize this opportunity!!!! YAY ME!!!!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1402 views