Sleeved 2 years ago

Auntb72
on 7/23/14 9:07 am

Hi, I am new to the forum. I had VSG July 11, 2012.

I have been sort of stressed over the fact that at times I seem to be able to eat more than I should. For instance, I went out to eat on two different occasions was able to eat one cheese coney from Gold Star and the other was a cheeseburger from McDonalds. I did peel off some of the bread. I am just concerned that this may be too much. Is anyone else able to eat that amount? I would appreciate anyone posting amounts that they are able to eat now at two years post Op and further. 

Thank you 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/23/14 1:13 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

You should post this in the vsg forum, I'm way too new to give you advice on your problem., but accd to some posts I've read the sleeve can stretch & you have to be much more on top of what you eat in maintenance, than early on when the restriction is much more noticeable.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/23/14 1:21 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Just 1 more thing, again I'm new, but eating food that isn't protein dense won't really fill you up, like the cheese you ate, you'll be able to eat a lot of it and not feel the restriction, but you'll get the extra calories, if you stick with the basics you should feel the restriction.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Auntb72
on 7/23/14 11:15 pm

Thank you

I am new to this forum and just not sure about navigation yet. I think I posted it there but it says it must be approved. I will wait and see.

Thank you for that. It does make sense about the protein however one of my problems is cheese. I have overwhelming cravings for any cheese now. I liked cheese before but now I want it everyday! LOL

Valerie G.
on 7/24/14 1:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm 8.5 yrs post op DS (sleeve stomach is part of it) and I can not only eat one cheese coney, but two!  You should expect your stomach to stretch, so there's nothing wrong with your sleeve.  I can easily eat 6-8 oz of food per meal these days.  It's nothing where I could eat as a post-op, but nobody guesses that I had wls.  I have the benefit of fat-malabsorption, so Gold Star isn't nearly as bad for me.  Your best selection there would be a bowl of chili with cheese -- NO spaghetti or coneys.  You can also eat more when it's all sloppy, as opposed to the dense protein.  If you'd have gone for the grilled chicken sandwich or salad, I'll bet you wouldn't have been able to eat nearly as much.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active