All gone lap band...bye bye now.

56sunShine14
on 7/23/14 12:18 pm

Yesterday, I had the band, today it's gone.  Doc wants me to lose 50 pounds in the next eight weeks so has me on a full liquid diet.  I will indeed look up ideas using the magnifying glass but if anyone wants to throw in some suggestions, I'm all for it!

Here comes the sleeve!! 

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Hislady
on 7/23/14 12:52 pm - Vancouver, WA

Congrats!! Only another exbandster can understand your joy! Hope all goes well with your sleeve!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/23/14 1:02 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Congrats on getting rid of the band and going for the sleeve, but losing 50 lbs in 8 weeks?, that's over 6 pounds a week!, there's losing weight and there's losing weight safely. I'd question any dr who would want me to lose that much in such a short period of time liquid diet or not. It just sounds like he wants you to be on a no calorie liquid fast for 8 weeks, that's the surest way to get sick, especially when you're healing from surgery right now.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

ebonymc
on 7/23/14 1:31 pm

I know how you feel,  I'm also an exbandster as of 2 weeks ago. My insurance won't do the sleeve, so I'm RNY bound.  Good luck!

56sunShine14
on 7/24/14 3:52 am

Yeah, I have some doubts about that and decided I am going to do it the healthy way.  If I don't lose 50 but do lose a reasonable amount and he says no, I will go elsewhere.  if I make the true effort, the result should be acceptable because I am not going to let myself get sick for anyone!  But I hope he will feel the same as I do and accept whatever happens as long as it is a good loss.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 7/24/14 3:55 am

Thanks for your support all.  Feels so good to know that nightmare is over.

Karen