Considering sleeve

Godlovesme
on 7/24/14 4:02 pm

I'm a very picky eater & am concerned that I won't be able to drink the liquids that I'll have to drink before & after surgery. Can anyone tell me what they're like? Also, I'm concerned about getting in enough protein. I have very bad eating habits....I tend to go until 2-3pm before eating anything & sometimes it's even not until supper, then it's usually all the wrong things. I know I'll have to make better choices & am hoping that since I won't be able to eat much at a time, that I will get hungry more often so I will eat more frequently. I'm just nervous & afraid of the unknown! Does anyone have any ideas, encouraging words, etc.?

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 7/24/14 11:05 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Just wanted to add that with the sleeve you generally lose your hunger. This is due to the hormone ghrenlin being removed which causes hunger.

Cece2014
on 7/25/14 10:04 am

I would encourage you to get all the information you can now and start making nutrition choices for better understanding now. Surgery will not change eating habits, you are in charge of that.  Look for a program that incorporates nutrition, counseling, support groups etc - find what works for you.

Good Luck

Christine

Low Carb Lifestyle is working!   HW: 370   CW: 295  GW: 200

Most Active