(deactivated member)
on 7/25/14 3:39 pm, edited 5/22/18 10:10 pm

basilmk
on 7/26/14 12:35 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

You are right to be upset but you can't stop his move.

I would suggest that, while he's still in the area, you QUICKLY research the other surgeons, call the best for you, explain your situation, and get on as a new patient before your pre qualification tests expire.

Because of a leg surgery, I had reached the same point as you and had to completely repeat everything again. It's a bummer, but it is what it is.

As a result, I found a better surgeon with a better program. Yes, it was farther away, but looking back, I'm thrilled that I switched surgeons.

Use the weekend to do your homework then get on the phone Monday morning and get yourself a new surgeon.....fast!

Please keep us posted on your progress and, the very best of luck and perseverance in taking care of this to your benefit!

marty

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

Cathy W.
on 7/26/14 5:15 am

How disappointing and frustrating! 

The Member Services Team helps to locate a surgeon for people every day.  If you'd like our help, contact us

Try to look at it as you are really ready to go!  The good thing is that you've gotten the pre-op tests done and all you need is a new surgeon.  At least you know so you can start with a new surgeon that will be able to do your surgery plus your post-op care. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/14 6:32 am
Cathy W.
on 7/26/14 6:39 am

There are many good DS surgeons.  Make sure they are experienced performing the DS.  Check out www.dsfacts.com as they have a good list of excellent DS surgeons.

Most Active