Does anyone know about if rny can affect levels on a thc drug test?

moonandstarzz
on 7/25/14 8:28 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

I know yall are probably thinking what the heck. Heres the thing I had surgery Dec 18 2013. Me and my soon to be exhusband split up early may. I had started smoking marijuana again late feb and stopped around may 5th due to issues with dhr etc and my ex. Well I now have to go for random testing for thc. I take meds for bipolar and depression and some otc meds. Well May 20th I failed a test for thc with levels around 80 I admit that test I should have failed cause I had only stopped smoking maybe two wks prior. Well i havent touched it or even been around it since early may. I retested July 1st and they said It was positive again and my levels was around 86 (so they went up), and then July 16th I had to retest again and they said the levels went up to 90. I dont know if anyone has had any issues like this. And I contemplated not posting on it cause I know I will get SEVERAL negative comments etc. but I dont know if the drastic weight loss can cause old thc levels to spike. They are trying to say that I would have smoked weed up to 3 days prior to testing. I know for a fact I havent smoked since early may. I wouldnt cause Im trying to get my kid back (big ordeal with my ex long story). Please help

kathkeb
on 7/25/14 8:54 am

No idea ... Can you check with your pharmacist about the medications you are on?  Is there any chance that something else you are taking is causing the reading?

good luck.

Kath

moonandstarzz
on 7/25/14 8:59 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Honestly I have no clue, I have a list of stuff that can cause false positives and some of my meds and otc meds are on it, but according to dhr they say that there is nothing but marijuana that will show positive for it. even though the list i got from the drug testing facility itself. all this crap is keeping me away from my 19 mth old son and its killing me (and yes i know its my fault to start with cause i broke down during stress and pending divorce and smoked some) but I havent touched it since early may and nothing is making sense and no one believes me. its killing me

hollykim
on 7/25/14 9:16 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

are you around anyone else who is smoking it? Could it be like second hand cigarette smoke?

i really don't have a clue but hope you figure it out. I don't see how a RNY could cause levels of a drug to go up,when you aren't using that drug. It just doesn't make sense.

moonandstarzz
on 7/25/14 9:39 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

No one around me is smoking it, and dhr said even if they was that 2nd hand smoke wouldnt cause me to fail 

trust me nothing makes sense anymore to me

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/25/14 9:19 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I used to be a probation officer.  It is fairly impossible for your levels to go up without smoking.  Please don't take this wrong as I am absolutely not judging you because I am 100% pro-legalization.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

moonandstarzz
on 7/25/14 9:40 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Im not taking it wrong. And Usually I would agree 100% but I know for a fact I havent smoke or anything since around May 5th. This totally sucks. i dont know what to do anymore.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/25/14 1:47 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

With some of the more potent marijuana you can actually test positive for up to 6 weeks.  Are you sure you maybe didn't accidently slip up?  Have you thought about going to a clinic and having your urine independently tested?

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Ladytazz
on 7/25/14 10:06 am

A quick Google came up with this list

FALSE POSITIVES # Substances or Conditions which can cause false positives Ibuprofen; (Advil, Nuprin, Motrin, Excedrin IB etc)
Naproxen (Aleve)
Ketoprofen (Orudis KT)
Promethazine (Phenergan, Promethegan)
Pantoprazole (Protonix)
Riboflavin (B2, Hempseed Oil)
Kidney infection (Kidney disease, diabetes) Liver Disease
Dronabinol (Marinol)
Baby Soaps and Shampoos (Cotten SW, et al., 2012)   Do you take any of these? Also, is it possible that you are eating something with it in it?  Maybe the ex spiked some food in the house?  Not being paranoid, just exploring possible explanations.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Karen M.
on 7/25/14 10:19 am - Mississauga, Canada

Holy crap, baby shampoo?? Good gawd.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active