Need help with shopping list

jillbeme
on 7/25/14 2:17 pm
Revision on 07/29/14

I know I have a list from Dr.s office but a lot of you have great ideas. Can you give me ideas for after surgery shopping list and what to take to hospital.  I'm a minimalist so the less the better for items at the hospital.

Jill     

kathkeb
on 7/25/14 3:25 pm

I had out patient surgery, so the only things I needed were some socks and a pillow for the ride home.

People who spend the night mention having lip balm and mp3/iPod useful in case they can't sleep overnight 

The pillow to put between you and the seatbelt is a must .... Otherwise, you might want some ready to drink protein shakes at home.

I also had some Isopure for the clear liquid days, although it was pretty yukky tasting.

I had some liquid adult strength Tylenol for the days when I needed something, but didn't need full strength pain meds.

Kath

cheyenne000
on 7/25/14 3:36 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

I did not need much, like Kath said I would definitely take a pillow,  loose fitting clothes,  and socks. They should give you pain meds in the hospital for the ride home. Some need them some don't. It all depends what the do during surgery. I also had a hernia fixed and some old adhesions taken down during mine so I needed pain meds for a couple of days. Some only need Tylenol .

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Chelley0285
on 7/25/14 4:18 pm
Revision on 12/16/14

When I first had WLS in 2005, it was in Mexico. The flight home was 4 excruciating hours on post-op day 2. One of the laproscopic sites was right under the bra line for me and I was ever so thankful for the advice I'd received to pack a good fitting sports bra that would not rub that area!