1 Year Post Op

sMorris932013
on 7/28/14 4:30 am - Kenton , OH
with

Hi everyone. I had Rny last year July 31st with Dr Peter Lalor. I have lost 100 pounds since my highest weight right before surgery. while I'm happy with my loss, I am trying to get an extra 20-30 pounds off. I currently weigh 159 and I feel myself getting off of track. I need to get back on plan, eating and exercise. I am horrible at tracking, although I see Why that could be useful. Any advice? Also, out of curiosity.. what vitamins are you taking on a daily basis? 

Cathy W.
on 7/28/14 4:43 am

There have been studies done about tracking versus not tracking.  The results were that people that tracked lost more weight.  I don't like tracking either BUT after a couple of hiccups in regaining a few pounds and having to lose the regain, I track now.  It helps me to stay on track.  At least until you are solidly back on your plan, I suggest tracking.  There's something about logging food, activity and accountability that keeps me on track.

I take chewable bariatric formulated vitamins.  I've been on them since four months post-op and have done great.

glady
on 7/28/14 9:02 pm

I stopped tracking and then found out my protein was way too low 😕. I hate tracking because I don't like feeling like im constantly thinking about food. I started tracking again couple weeks ago. I use my fitness pal app and just focus on protein. I think I might have to suck it up and always track because its too easy for me to fall off the wagon. I take two vitamin gummies twice a day, a calcium+D three times a day, zinc twice a day, iorn once a day, Biotin 3 times a day (paranoid my hair will fall out😰), L-lysine twice a day, B-complex twice a day. I'm use to taking psych meds since before my RNY so taking my vitamins is easy for me. My labs came back normal except my protein was a little low and B vitamin a little high probably beacause of the biotin. I walk for abound an hour or more day. 

12/30/13-RNY SW-277 GW-140  

Most Active