Regainers, Post op 5 years or more

huskergalWsD
on 7/29/14 10:47 am

I am not trying to be rude, but I've always wondered what yer skin does after loosing say at least 100+ lbs then regaining it all back. I know what it does after loosing it.I have regained 5 lbs on and off through the years I have never regained any more than that. Would someone please share with me what the skin looks like and even feels like after regain. Is it the same as before the weight loss? thanks for sharing, PeaceV Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Grim_Traveller
on 7/29/14 11:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Are you thinking of gaining the weight back so your skin will look better?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/29/14 12:18 pm, edited 7/29/14 12:18 pm

I find this post rather thoughtless and insensitive.  

How would you feel if someone asked how does it feel like when a person never loses enough weight to have normal BMI? How is the skin with still plenty of fat under it? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

hollykim
on 7/29/14 12:43 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 29, 2014 at 5:47 PM Pacific Time, huskergalWsD wrote:

I am not trying to be rude, but I've always wondered what yer skin does after loosing say at least 100+ lbs then regaining it all back. I know what it does after loosing it.I have regained 5 lbs on and off through the years I have never regained any more than that. Would someone please share with me what the skin looks like and even feels like after regain. Is it the same as before the weight loss? thanks for sharing, PeaceV Wendy

good thing you weren't trying to be rude....

huskergalWsD
on 7/29/14 1:47 pm

sorry if my grammer makes me sound insencitive. spell check? anyway, I am just wondering, no I am not going to try to regain even after I have been told I should. no one likes my sunken shoulder blades.. Maybe a bad idea asking. I have read people are regaining after a few years struggling so just wondered what regaining does to the skin.. thanks anyway

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/30/14 12:32 am

If I ever wanted to be 200 lbs or more - I could easily maintain with +/-5 lbs ... But at noirlam - low body fat and normal BMI - it is much harder.  I see some people regain 30-40 lbs from normal BMI and that put them still under 200 lbs. 

When you see regain and wonder why - look at the point the person regained from and we here are they with regain. 

I regained app 35-40 lbs. 10-15 - because I was too skinny for my age (very low body fat) the rest - they just  came slowly due to heath issues, inactivity and just because. At my highest weight I still was considered normal body fat % person - wearing size 8-12 (12 top - my boobs get bigger when I gain) andf 8 in bottom size. Hardly overweight or obese.

But that weight and heavy on top started affecting my back so my doc suggested I lose 20 lbs and hopefully that may help.  Not that I needed to lose that for my size or body fat % issues.  And I know it would be more challenging to maintain low body fat% than it was 20 lbs ago. 

56sunShine14
on 7/30/14 9:05 am

I regained the 80 pounds that had been lost after having the lap band surgery.  And, I gained an extra 20 just to make sure I had messed up bad enough.          

That said, my skin filled back out and I lost all the wrinkles gained from losing weight.  I got nice and fluffy soft again.  I prefer wrinkled skin!

I am hoping that is what you meant with your question.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Jennifer M.
on 7/30/14 5:00 am - Casper, WY

This has to be one of the stupidest questions I've ever seen on this website.  Why on earth would anyone ever "wonder" about this.  It sounds like an opportunity for you take a jab at anyone who has had a regain by stating once again that you have not regained.

56sunShine14
on 7/30/14 7:34 am

OUCH!!!  Maybe it wasn't meant but Geesh!  Why are you taking jabs at the OP??

Whether stupid or not, I didn't see her post as being insensitive or rude.  What am I missing?  Seriously!  She has mentioned before that some of her family members have made her feel bad for losing "too much weight".  If she is considering maybe regaining 10-20 pounds so she feels at a better weight, is that so wrong?  A lot of people on here have posted that they gained a few pounds and got to what they felt more comfortable with.  Maybe she just wants to know if her skin would change.

Really, what am I not understanding about this?

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Jennifer M.
on 7/31/14 4:37 am - Casper, WY

I'm wondering whet I'm missing that would make her ask the question. She clearly stated that even though her family made her feel bad, she has no intentions of regaining.  I have no issues with anyone gaining to few pounds to feel more comfortable, but her post doesn't state anything like that.

Most Active