Can anyone answer this for me. Help!!

Chrissie429
on 7/29/14 1:54 pm - PA

Well I have been having problems with my stomach feeling very bloated I'm very uncomfortable.  So I went to the Dr so he wanted to do surgery to find out whay  it mite be. And of course he hoes good news didn't find anything.  We'll ok good.  I'm still having same problems bloated my stomach is so swollen .  Has any one else every have this problem.  I'm just so uncomfortable.   Help !

Valerie G.
on 7/29/14 10:38 pm, edited 7/29/14 10:38 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's likely a reaction to something you're eating.  It could be some kind of veggie or carbs.  If it happens at the same time every day, it's definitely something you're eating.  For me, it's whey protein, onions, terriyaki sauce, pasta, and some breads.  It might also be a need for probiotics in your system.  Those of us with RNY or DS are subject to our intestinal bacteria to get out of whack.  It's easy to control, but if it goes to long with the imbalance, the bad bacteria can overtake the good, and big problems occur.  Daily yogurt can keep it under control, for example,  while others take probiotic pills.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/29/14 11:57 pm

It is most likely what you eat and how much. 

I found out that I have food allergies, food intolerance, and also due to changes in my anatomy - motility issues - and can get severely constipated even having daily BM.   

That and less acid in my pouch leaves some food partially undigested and bacteria in lower part of my gut breaks is down causing lots of gas and bloating and pain. 

Solution for me: Avoiding foods I am allergic to or have severe intolerance, and erliminaste or limit food that gives me gas and pain (google FODMAP free diet) and make sure my gut gets empathy - Miralax to the rescue.   More carbs also means more gas. So I adapted to low carbs FODMAP free diet. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

56sunShine14
on 7/30/14 7:23 am

Was this your primary care doctor or the WLS surgeon?  And why isn't he looking into this further to find the cause?  Did he just stop at surgery and is now done?

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Chrissie429
on 7/30/14 12:50 pm - PA

Yes II go to my Dr tomorrow. The Dr that did my weight loss surgery.  I just don't feel right,  and I scared.  I just want to feel better.  I hopehe finds  out what's wrong. 

Capulus
on 7/30/14 11:00 pm, edited 7/30/14 11:01 pm - Little Rock, AR

After I went very low carb (in 2011. I had surgery in 2005) I went nearly 2 years on extremely limited bread.  Now, EVERY TIME I eat gluten, I can see my stomach visibly swell.  It's painful and uncomfortable.  I got tested for Celiacs, but don't have it.  After some research, I found that there are several proteins in gluten that people tend to have sensitivities to and only a couple of them are actual Celiac issues.  

Not to say that that is your issue, but it is most definitely mine.  And it honestly feels like tons of air just sitting there, sometimes moving, and often hurting.

I had a Roux-en-y in June of 2005, no regrets, but I am ALL about education, now!

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/14 11:18 pm

Well I  think the reason is might be if you are suffering from some sort of  heart or liver disease. Drink more water and avoid eating fast .perform some easy exercise at home and it will make you comfortable.Lemonade diet pill can help you.

Most Active