Cosmetic type question--do you wear a shaper under your clothes?

katefitzcap
on 7/30/14 7:05 am
RNY on 02/03/14

Hi All--

I am assuming (which i know its rude to but...its hard not to here..) that at some point you have loose skin from all of the weight loss. I am just now starting to have this issue.  My question is do you wear a body shaper of any sort under your clothing? whether its just for your stomach? if so, what brand do you wear? i find that spanx really aren't effective. after working so hard....i don't want to look like i haven't lost weight in my gut lol.  and tucking the excess in my pants over and over gets old...

thanks everyone 

Valerie G.
on 7/30/14 8:02 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Yes, I wear them, too.  I like the cami's for some outfits, and the knees-to-bra kinds for others, so you'll need to build up a proper arsenal.  I like Maidenform best, and Walmart has an off-brand made by them (Sweet Nothings I think) that in a blind test, the testers couldn't tell the difference ( unlike the obvious diff between Assets and Spanx)

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jenorama
on 7/30/14 9:16 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I've tried the cami-style ones from Spanx and haven't liked them as much as the brief-bottom style that I get from JC Penney's. I think they're Vanity Fair brand?  They just kind of keep things together and present a smoother appearance, especially under clothing that's more fitted.

Jen

The Salty Hag
on 7/30/14 9:19 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I wear them. I wear high waisted briefs and camis. They are called Flexees and they are made by Maidenform. I got mine from Kohl's. I buy them a couple of sizes too big so I can breathe....heh. I like them to just uh..hold in my extra skin and to smooth out the lumps and bumps. 

I've gotten to the point where I can go without them now, but I do prefer to wear them under dresses. I use the camis when I wear clingy shirts. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Most Active