Friend that needs help!

jamtra
on 7/31/14 3:17 pm

I have a friend that is getting the run around with Rochester MN. HE has been working on this all year and they are putting him back to square one. He is over 400 lbs and needs help. Is there good doc that will get him in by winter. They say some of the stuff he did 6 months ago is no good now and has to start all over. HELP!  He lives in Iowa.

White Dove
on 7/31/14 11:37 pm - Warren, OH

I worked with a surgeon who is a few miles from my home.  Is your friend traveling to another state?

When I started my program I had a list of tests and requirements and the time frame to complete them.  I started in May and had my surgery in October.  My insurance plan changed every year and I told the surgeon's office that I needed to be sure things were completed by the end of that year.

If insurance is involved, it would be difficult to get a new surgeon and get surgery by winter.  There are usually hoops to jump through and a six month pre-op diet is often one of them.  Remember that the surgery has to be something that your friend wants hard enough to go through the pre-op requirements. 

It is great that you are helping your friend.  Get the list of requirements and go through to see what needs to be accomplished and when.  If he is starting over because he waited too long to get scheduled, then this time you can help him to make sure things are done properly and on time.

If he is self-pay then traveling to Mexico is one option for a quick surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1401 views