Anyone stop losing weight 2 months out?

Melissa H.
on 8/18/14 10:42 am

I am 2 months out from RNY (6/18) and i've lost 52lbs all together. However, within the last week and a half - going on 2 weeks now - i've only lost 1lb. I go to the gym, i get my protein, i get my fluids. I've been stressing about it thinking "am I done losing the weight?" "It's only been 2 months, i thought this goes on for atleast a few more months?" Looking for advice, not quite sure what to do. 

Bette B.
on 8/18/14 10:45 am

Melissa - I can only speak from my own experience but . . .

I had my surgery Dec of 2003. The whole month of Feb, I lost ONE pound. But when I plateau ended, I dropped A LOT almost overnight.

Keep doing everything right, take a deep breath and try to wait it out.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Linda K.
on 8/18/14 10:45 am - Omaha, NE

Melissa,

Don't worry too much.  You will hit plateaus.  Just keep doing what you are doing.  Maybe get in alittle more water.  You are NOT done losing weight.  I worried about that also but the weight stops for a week and then I start again.  Good luck to you.  Keep your chin up!!!

MickeyDee
on 8/18/14 11:34 am

Not uncommon;  check out all the posts regarding "stalls".  These happen at about 6-8 weeks out, then again at about 6 months.  Best thing is to simply do what you gotta do and stay off the scale because you'll just give yourself "agita" for no good reason.

poet_kelly
on 8/18/14 11:56 am - OH

I think it would be impossible to stop losing weight after just two months.  But you haven't stopped.  You've lose one pound in a week and a half, which is very slow, sure.  And you might go a few weeks without losing anything at all.  But that's just how weight loss works.  You will most likely continue losing for at least a year.  Many people lose for longer than that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/18/14 12:48 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Don't stress too much on what the scale says, you're probably losing in inches & that won't show up on the scale. I'm almost 4 months out & I don't lose every week, so far it's been lose 1 week & stay the same the next. Keep doing what you're doing & the weight will come off. Good luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Valerie G.
on 8/18/14 11:26 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

These stalls are perfectly normal, and will continue to occur as you're losing.  Think of your body taking a breather from the rapid weight loss and catching up, so-to-speak.  Whenever I encountered a stall, that was my cue to try on smaller sizes.  To my delight, I almost always went down a size or three.  Seriously-don't get worked up.  Try on new clothes and you'll soon be looking forward to your next one.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Linsie
on 8/19/14 1:21 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

I'm only 3 months post op from RNY so can't really comment on the stalls - however, if you're going to the gym, you're probably gaining muscle (that's what i'm focusing on currently, try to tone up the skin before I look like a wrinkle pup).  As previous posts mention, you are probably losing inches not necessarily pounds. I have a scale addiction and check literally 4x a day (It entertains me) but my weight fluctuates at least 3 pounds up and down daily, so maybe I am at a stall...who knows. Just keep doing things right and measure yourself (that may ease your mind a bit).  Good luck!

Tracy D.
on 8/19/14 1:52 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I promise you - you are not "done losing the weight".  You say you get your protein but what are your other stats?  If you're tracking every mouthful of food you should also know the number of calories and the number of your carbs you're eating every day.  What are those numbers?  

As for fluid - how much are you drinking?  At this point you should be getting at least 64 oz. and should be shooting for up to 80 oz. per day (more like 100 oz. if you are exercising consistently).  

You could simply be in a stall period - we all go through those - or you could be eating and drinking in a way that isn't maximizing your surgery.  People will need a little more information in order to give you better feedback. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15