4 wks out frustrated

Darcys11
on 8/22/14 1:30 pm

So I am able to swallow pills hole now the doctor says.  I cut them up into smaller pieces and I still choke on them.  I never had an issue swallowing pills prior to surgery.  Does anyone have any helpful hints swallowing pills? Or does anyone know where I can find a chewable B complex that doesn't taste like absolute horrid scariness lol.

on another note I've only lost 21 problems in my first four weeks I'm wondering how normal that is.  The doctor didn't really say anything about how much a lost I feel like it should have been more. I'll also admit that I weigh myself every day and get frustrated when I see that the scale hasn't moved for a couple days. 

kathkeb
on 8/22/14 1:55 pm

I don't know what surgery you had, but 21 pounds (or problems) lost in 4 weeks is pretty awesome!!!  5 pounds a week!

As far as the meds go, you might ask your pharmacist if it is ok to take them in a small spoonful of yogurt or applesauce, if you eat that stuff.  Try cottage cheese, too, if you eat it.

You won't lose every day .....and at this stage you are probably going to slow down a bit ... So just keep working your plan and trust that this is going to work.

Long road, many steps!!  Hang in there!

Kath

Darcys11
on 8/22/14 2:02 pm

I had the rny.  Really the medications I'm taking are just the vitamins.  So I probably could put them in something. I do keep having to remind myself that my body has gone through a humongous change and I need to be patient. Lol

smarji
on 8/22/14 2:40 pm

Finally got my date for surgery.  October 15. Is it normal to be excited and scared at the same time? I am worried about the diet after surgery. Any advice?

Darcys11
on 8/22/14 10:44 pm

I was the same way, just take it a day at a time. 

Kathyjs
on 8/23/14 12:34 am

Diets made us fat. It's a whole new lifestyle. Instead of thinking of a diet  think of your food as a way to nourish your body. I am happy for you, follow the doctors plan

marilync5353
on 8/24/14 4:09 am

Im going to hace the vertical sleeve in Nov and im excited and scared too but I guess im greatful for the opportunity to have it done to help me start this new chapter in my life 

marilync5353
on 8/24/14 4:11 am

Im going to hace the vertical sleeve in Nov and im excited and scared too but I guess im greatful for the opportunity to have it done to help me start this new chapter in my life 

Grim_Traveller
on 8/22/14 11:27 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I lost 21 pounds my first month, and did just fine. Follow your plan, and you'll do great.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Kathyjs
on 8/23/14 12:31 am

Measure yourself. If you don't loose weight a few days in a row, you are losing inches

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1546 views