Not sure what to take for headaches (

Chrissie429
on 8/27/14 11:53 am - PA

Ok can anyone help me with this questipn.i get very bad headaches, Not sure what I can tske. Tylenol I can't because of my liver number's are high. So I'm not sure what i can take?

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/14 11:58 am
RNY on 08/26/14

I would suggest calling your surgeon. I understand fully as I get horrible migraines, but I am prescribed different meds for that. Are the headaches new or did you always get them? I know lack of food/protein brings on headaches. But yes please call surgeon/ center. Good luck!

Girlhalved
on 8/27/14 12:46 pm - Canada

You will have to discuss this with your Dr., but you can get codeine syrup for bad headaches.  It is regularly prescribed for cough etc and avoids the Tylenol.  I'm in Canada, if you are from the States the rules may be different.  Best wishes.

poet_kelly
on 8/27/14 5:40 pm - OH

You would need prescription pain meds, then.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Stacy H.
on 8/27/14 10:44 pm - Cumberland, IN
On August 27, 2014 at 6:53 PM Pacific Time, Chrissie429 wrote:

Ok can anyone help me with this questipn.i get very bad headaches, Not sure what I can tske. Tylenol I can't because of my liver number's are high. So I'm not sure what i can take?

I don't know if these are new for you but I had bad headaches for over 15yrs. My Dr recently put me on medication not to treat the headache pain but to prevent the headache from happening. I take 60mg Inderal LA and 100mg of Elavil every night (they make you sleepy so it really helps sleep as well) and my headaches are finally a thing of the past. If they are reoccuring you do not want to take pain medication...I took Excedrin for years and later found out that taking any kind of pain medicine even otc actually causes MORE headaches. Once I cut those out I had fought half the battle in learning I was causing my headaches to happen more. It's called rebound headache if you want to google it. Talk to your dr there are options to help. Best wishes!

Stacy :) RNY 9/7/2005

HW-270  LW-125  GW-150

Valerie G.
on 8/28/14 12:52 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

That's gotta suck - no NSAIDS or Tylenol -- the horror!!

I hate headaches, and fortunately don't get them often.  I found this for you, though.  There's all kinds of stuff out there on natural headache remedies.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/14 1:22 am

I keep a frozen bag of peas in my freezer.I try not to take anything.I do get really hot showers to help sometimes.I hope your doctor can help you.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1317 views