Phase 2 not going so well

xoLisaMacxo
on 8/28/14 12:02 am
with

Ok so yesterday I posted how excited I was to be starting phase 2.  No im soooo sad lunch didn't go so well. I had such a stomachache afterwards. dinner was ever worse. I made the Ricotta cheese bake and I could even eat it. my boyfriend on the other had loved it. yay for him.  last night I had such an upset stomach that he had to get me from the floor in the bathroom and put me to bed. You would think after a good night sleep it would go away, but no. still not well so I am back on liquids. I am soooo upset with this set back. I had great plans to go to an outdoor concert tonight and I cant even keep my water down so ill be home. just at work now finishing payroll and then im gonna leave. ughhh I want to cry I feel soooo sick

Bette B.
on 8/28/14 12:10 am

This, too, shall pass. It may not seem like it, but it will.  Remember that, in every step, you have to take teeny, tiny bites - making sure the food is really moist! - and wait a minute between bites. It's really hard to do when you're hungry, and used to eating "the old way."

If you are still unable to keep water down today, tho, call your doctor.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

xoLisaMacxo
on 8/28/14 12:48 am
with

Thank you. Ive been sipping water now and feeling a bit better. definitely not 100% but certainly better. ughhhh such a horrible feeling  I think I need a days rest. Since surgery ive been running running running, well not literally, but ive been such a busy bee. maybe everything is just catching up. one step at a time.

Bette B.
on 8/28/14 12:54 am

See? You just figured it all out!  For phase two, try to stick with thicker liquids, like yogurt and soups, if more solid foods bother you. Yes, the phases suck and they're boring but after a few weeks, you're on real food. If *I* managed to do it, you can, too! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

TexasLady52
on 8/28/14 2:24 am
Revision on 06/10/14

I have had a lot of trouble with this also.  I know that I eat too fast.  You should take a bite no bigger than the size of a dime and chew it about thirty times....you are puree it with your teeth.  One meal should last 20-30 minutes...... Good luck!

Hislady
on 8/28/14 3:49 am - Vancouver, WA

It is more important to get your fluids in at this stage. You may be getting dehydrated which can make you feel nauseated too. If the nausea keeps up call your doc he can give you something for it.

freckles1973
on 8/28/14 4:12 am - Canada

It can take some time to transition from phase to phase. Phase 1 to phase 2 may not happen in a 24 hr window. It's time to start slowly experimenting with foods in phase 2 and see which ones you can handle right away. I remember also being so eager to transition..to start to feel like I'm eating "normal" again. Just remember you will get there..and if you have to go back to liquids for a day or two and just have soft foods..that okay too.

Good luck!

HW : 246 PW:220 SW:208 CW:130

VSG surgery on 09/10/2013 with Dr. Henri Atlas

White Dove
on 8/29/14 4:36 am - Warren, OH

Your surgeon's schedule will say you are ready for the next phase, but your body might not be.  Everyone is different.  Going back to liquids for a day or too always helped me when I overdid it. Things will get better.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active