7 years post op... advise needed

motherofone2005
on 8/29/14 5:37 am - West Bend, WI

I'm looking for some advise.  I'm 7 yrs post op and struggling really bad.  I'm wondering if anyone out there has gone through what I have and can help me.  About 5 yrs ago I lost my job and am now a stay at home mom.  I love being home with my son (during the summer, he's school age) and my daughter who is 10 months.  But since I lost my job... I've put almost all my weight back on.  I figured out how to graze and re-introduced my body to soda.  I'm trying really hard to stop doing both of them, but could use some encouragement and maybe some help from others that have 'done' this to themselves.  I have rejoined the Y and am going to start next week when my older child is in school. 

Thanks in advance for all the 'help'

kathkeb
on 8/29/14 7:10 am

Sounds like a big factor is your lack of a set schedule.

It helps me to put myself on an eating schedule.

Start the day with 20 ounces of water 

Breakfast, snack, 20 ounces of water, lunch, 20 ounces of water, snack, 20 ounces of water, dinner, snack

That stops me from grazing, helps me get all of my water, I keep my snacks to 100 calories ..... And if I get hungry, I know that another meal or snack is just around the corner.

Good luck!!!

Kath

Ladytazz
on 8/29/14 11:31 am

The biggest help for me in my eating is not drinking with meals or 30 minutes afterwards.

After I eat I set my timer for 30 minutes.  That puts and end to my meal.  Like you, I have a fluid goal to meet before my next meal or snack.

It does help me to schedule and time my meals and keep me from grazing because I know that if I eat something I have to start all over again waiting the 30 minutes.  It makes me think before I take a bite and stops me from mindless, spontaneous eating and gives me structure.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Price S.
on 8/29/14 9:15 am - Mills River, NC

We have lots of vets on the LW board that are working on maintenance or getting off rebound.  We post daily on Miles and Menus and weekly on Sunday Weigh in to stay accountable.  Come find our what is working for these ladies!!!  All surgery types are welcome.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Amy R.
on 8/29/14 12:17 pm

I too had some regain, about 40lbs.  I've re-lost it and a even a little more by just going back to the suggested eating plan for RnY postops.  

There is a group here called "Back on Track Together" for those of us in similar situations.  You may find it helpful:  Back on Track Together Forum

Once you've set your mind to it and gotten those first couple of pounds off you'll be on your way.  Best of luck to you=)

amy

Laura in Texas
on 8/29/14 10:54 pm

Good for you, Amy!! Keep taking care of YOU!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Laura in Texas
on 8/29/14 10:43 pm

Forgiving yourself is most important. Believe you are worth the effort (you are). Get out your measuring cups and food scale. Track every bite somewhere like myfitnesspal. Make your menu/eating schedule beforehand and only let yourself eat what is on your menu. Cut back to 1200 calories a day to start with. Protein first, then some veggies, no crappy carbs (bread, potatoes, junk food, etc).

Stop making excuses and just do it. You are worth it!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MindyMac51
on 8/29/14 11:52 pm

I agree -- protein first and absolutely no crappy carbs. It will be hard to cut out ALL the bad carbs at first -- but after a few days, the cravings will subside and you'll be back on track! Good luck! 

Most Active