new whey?

MegZorar
on 8/31/14 10:54 am

Anyone know anything about this product? Saw an ad saying 42g protein in tiny serving, but the so-called customer endorsements all seemed contrived. Anyone here tried this?

HLen
on 8/31/14 11:03 am, edited 8/31/14 1:04 pm
RNY on 07/11/14

I have tried it, blech, but it is not 100% whey protein isolate.  It is cellulose which is not recommended for WLS patients.  It's too good to be true for us. :-)

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

MegZorar
on 8/31/14 11:11 am

Ahhh...Good to know. Thanks, HLen.

poet_kelly
on 8/31/14 12:28 pm - OH

It's collagen protein, at least mostly, which is the same thing that is in jello.  It's a really poor source of protein.  Not worth the money.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MegZorar
on 9/1/14 3:26 am

Thanks, Poet_Kelly. I'd never even heard of collagen protein. Will research.

MayaKim
on 8/31/14 11:52 pm

However, it IS a protein supplement. I find it is hard to tolerate the powders and sometimes just prefer to gulp down one of those tiny 42g servings like it's just bad medicine. Sometimes.----- I still tolerate the powder drinks too knowing that they are the better protein. 

Press On! MayaKim

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/1/14 12:03 am - OH

Your body uses VERY little of it, though.  Get the Yes Whey brand instead because it is 100% whey protein.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MegZorar
on 9/1/14 3:27 am

So...in a pinch, it might work. Thanks, MayaKim.

poet_kelly
on 9/1/14 3:52 am - OH

But you won't get 42 grams from it.  With a very low PCDAAS, a scale that measures the digestibility of different proteins, you may only actually get three or four grams of protein from it.  Is it really worth it for just three or four grams of protein?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MegZorar
on 9/1/14 5:36 am

I see what you're saying. So kinda false advertising.