panniculectomy Covered by my insurance

samtadros1
on 9/2/14 1:36 am

I read about Dr. James E. Chappell online. I scheduled my consult and traveled about 5 hours to see him.  I met with Dr. Chappell and felt at ease. It was not a simple procedure in my eyes as I have lost over 270 pounds and had lots of Skin hanging, but there was a reason I went to Dr. Chappell, it's because he's the best and the outcome proved I was right. I arrived in the area again on August 5th and I spent the night at The Hackermen House which is a small hotel owned by Anne Arundel Medical Center where I was having my procedure the next day. (I also recommend staying there, the prices are very cheap, rooms are very clean and a very friendly staff) The morning of the surgery I met with Dr. Chappell and the anesthesiologist.  I woke up a few hours later in almost no pain.  Dr. Chappell saw me shortly after and followed up again the next day. A week later a couple of the drains were removed and I was finally able to see the work that was done.  I don't recall ever in my life seeing myself with a flat stomach. That day I finally did. Dr. Chappell did set expectations with me, however, the outcome just blew my mind. I was in shock then and almost 4 weeks later I amazed and still in shock.  Everyone that sees me is amazed by how I look.  I feel great and was able to return to the gym after a couple of weeks. This surgery was the best thing that has ever happened to me. My choice with Dr. Chappell was the best decision I have ever made in my life.  His staff is so amazing. They worked with my insurance company and stayed in close contact me with before, during and after my procedure. They are all so great. I want to thank Dr. Chappell, Valarie, Jody and all the other beautiful ladies in the office. You are the best. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/2/14 2:36 am - OH

I'm glad to hear that you are  so pleased with your experience.  I also had a very large apron of excess skin and it was wonderful to get rid of it (and the plastic surgeon I used did a good job)!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Laura in Texas
on 9/2/14 11:15 am

It's interesting that you would join today to post this. It sounds like a paid advertisement.

I am also thrilled with my surgeons. It's amazing how putting ourselves back together again can soothe the soul.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

samtadros1
on 9/2/14 11:22 am

It's not.  I have all the discharge papers from the hospital.  I rarely put any posts up but read on message boards all the time.  However, this doctor is so great I just had to let people know.  I had that apron hanging, but I had fungus because the skin wasn't breathing.  It was painful and nasty. He did a great job.  I did this post so others who are having the same issue now have a doctor they can consult.  Usually doctors don't like to take medicare and will consider this plastic surgery. I only paid a couple of hundred as my co-payment. Now I'm waiting for the hospital co-payment bill to come.

Most Active