Smells

TheNewT
on 9/15/14 12:22 am
VSG on 08/04/14

I am currently 6 weeks out from VSG and all is going good so far. Now that you all helped me tackle one issue last week, here's another. I am so tired of EVERYTHING stinking to high heaven. Everyone's food smells like crap. Even chocolate cake. It smelled terrible. I notice this more during meals or after I have eaten. Even my own food will smell and it is hard getting in my 2 oz. Did anyone else experience this? Any idea of how long I will gag at the smells of food?

Tracy D.
on 9/15/14 1:00 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My sense of smell was highly sensitive post-op and it went on for months.  I can tell you that it's pretty much back to normal now but I can still smell things that other people can't.  I guess it's my super power - LOL! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

basilmk
on 9/15/14 9:48 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

It took a few months for my sense of smell to calm down. Like you, everything smelled horrible..even things at home.

It will get better and now I'm glad I didn't move!

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

lmuse333
on 9/15/14 12:38 pm

Hmmm... I may be having this problem. But it's not with food. I wasn't sure if it's that I smell everything more intensely lately or if my body is producing more disgusting odors. For instance, my sweat and breath smells absolutely horrid. I'm showering a couple times a day and applying deodorant more than once a day and I can still smell myself. Gargling with Listerine and brushing my teeth often too. I don't get it. I'm not sure if it's my sense of smell, if it's my body reacting weird to the diet, maybe some vitamin deficiency or something... I dunno. I am smelling other things more intensely too.... like the fact that my neighbors are cooking something especially cheesy and delicious and I want to go downstairs and nab it real quick while they aren't looking bc if it tastes anything like it smells it must be the holy grail of deliciousness. Ok... so maybe it is a little bit to do with food. lol

Jill724
on 9/15/14 11:28 pm
RNY on 07/24/14

I never had any trouble with my armpits stinking in all my life... now they stink sometimes!! I mean I use deodorant, and it's not like I stink up the room ,but goodness gracious!!!! I am wondering if the same as you!

Most Active