A bit concerned, can't keep wight up

Trishxoxo
on 9/15/14 10:54 pm

Good morning all, I know this will seem ridiculous but I am almost six years out and for the past year I cannot keep my weight up! I initially lost weight and followed the rules to the tee and my weight got down to 118lbs, I worked at putting a little back on (too thin) and got to 130lbs which thats where I was by last December; ,my concern is I can't get back there, I gain a few lbs and weeks later i'm down on lbs again! I feel like there is something strange going on and not to mention I have lost my muscle tone and look saggy :( anyone experience this and I wanna mention I have to continually eat to get those pounds on, people at work think Im a food junkie,lol..

Bette B.
on 9/15/14 11:10 pm

I don't want to state to obvious, but I will. You need to get in to see your PCP, surgeon and who-knows-who-else. You have to find out what is going on: is it WLS related, related to some other medical issue, what are your blood levels like, etc. DO IT TODAY.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Trishxoxo
on 9/15/14 11:59 pm

Lol, Thanks Bette the obvious is alright.. I have been to the dietitian and blood work done, also upper and lower gi's done...But I know I need to keep pursuing the issue..I wanted to find out if anyone else experienced this as well as not wanting to be the small percentage of fatalities from rny that I have heard about..

Thanks for the input

Bette B.
on 9/16/14 12:21 am

So according to the results of the blood tests and GIs, everything is okay? Have you seen your PCP to rule out metabolic issues/diseases, etc.? I just want you to make sure that they rule out everything that might not be related to WLS. 

If you haven't already, you may want to post on the RNY forum, too, to see if anyone there has suggestions.

Best of luck, and chin up!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

bikrchk
on 9/16/14 4:31 am

I worry about the same thing.  First let me say I am today to the right of center in the healthy BMI zone with a BMI of 23. I took off 90 pounds and then adjusted my goal UP by 10 as I was already wearing a size 4 and my friends and family were getting "concerned".  I've continued to drop a little in maintenance over the last couple of months.  If 8 more comes off, (that'll make an even 100 pound loss), I'm good (still in the middle of healthy), but more... Not so much and it feels like I eat everyday like there will be no more food tomorrow. I know I'm not eating that much, I still log all of it, but it's WORK to consume enough quality calories, (cookies would be EASY ;-) and I do, on occasion have them too), to maintain especially for someone who exercises. The exercise is not extreme, 45 min on a bike, but it's regular, 5x per week. It's a habit before work that I don't want to break.

My formula is, BMR + workout calories, plus whatever calories my Vivo Fit reports I burn in normal activity for a day. I shoot for that number which is around 1300 per day, most days. If I pay close attention and get plenty of snacks or have a high "junk" day, I'll hit it, if I'm busy and active, which is more frequent, I don't.  I have my one year follow up next month and this WILL be a topic of conversation.  Never thought I'd fear THIS problem!

Sweat is fat crying

Valerie G.
on 9/16/14 10:03 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Definitely get the docs involved with this, if only to get a prescription for Creon - a digestive enzyme to help you absorb food better.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes