T Minus19 days and counting

Missourimedic
on 9/15/14 9:43 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

T Minus19 days and counting till my surgery!! I am so happy about this and I want to shout it from the roof tops. But I don't want anyone knowing (LOL). Anyway I am feeling better but had a really bad night last night and could not sleep I got 1 hour sleep and that was it, I tossed and turned all night. Started getting hungry around 2 am and fought it till 4 am when I got up and had about 3 cups of warm chicken broth then I fell asleep. I was on a high all day bounding off the walls and everything and them not sleeping and now I cant keep my eyes open to type this. What a roller coaster. Lucky I am off work for the next for days. I just put a big pot of chicken on the stove to make my chicken broth, man are my dogs going to be happy getting all that chicken (on my pre-op liquid diet). 

Is this normal?? to have these up and down days like this?

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 9/15/14 10:12 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

I was very calm as my surgery got closer. What got me was when I went in to do paperwork and they asked if I had a living will or a DNR. That was when it sank in what I was doing. Then I started getting nervous. I had never had surgery before either. So I would say yeah this is normal. Keep up the good work.

Missourimedic
on 9/15/14 10:35 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Bush thank you for the support.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/16/14 4:57 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  It will be here sooner than you think.

It's not unusual to have some physical reactions as you're withdrawing from carbs.  Are you getting any protein other than from chicken broth?  It may not be enough to sustain you and you could have an energy crash.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Missourimedic
on 9/16/14 5:04 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Yes I am drinking 3 35 gram protein shakes a day until 5 days before the surgery when I go on a clear liquid diet this is what my doctor has ordered, wants me to loose some weight as well and shrink my liver. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/16/14 5:23 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

That sounds perfect.  Hang in there.  You will be so glad that you did this for yourself.  It's a life changing moment and I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences.  Best of luck! 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Hislady
on 9/16/14 8:49 am - Vancouver, WA

People are all different in how they go thru the process some are like you and bounce up and down. A few are like me who just go meh another surgery, I'd had 6 or so before my band surgery, so not really a biggie. Either way, hang in there and this too shall pass!

Most Active