My Insurance Company Denied my Revision

taamom
on 9/16/14 12:36 am

I have done all the steps, had my EGD done and I have severe erosion after only 2 years with band, I have sleep apnea, 193  episodes in one night, and my insurance company denied the revision, they state that they only allow one bariatric procedure per LIFETIME, this insurance did not pay for my Lap Band surgery. I am gonna go talk to my Dr today, but I really just need this taken out. I vomit daily, multiple times daily, I have blood in my vomit, I have abdominal pain, port pain. Has anyone else gone through a denial like this? I need advice on what to do...

poet_kelly
on 9/16/14 1:52 am - OH

A lot of insurance policies are moving to a one WLS per lifetime policy.  But since they did not pay for the band, I would think you could appeal it.  Also, even if they won't pay for another WLS, you might get them to pay to remove the band.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

taamom
on 9/16/14 2:24 am

Thanks, gonna talk to Dr today about peer to peer then we will see what happens

Msphyl
on 9/16/14 5:23 am

I had my band removed because I had a hernia and the surgeon did me a 2-for-1 because he saw that the port was deeply embedded in my stomach and causing pain.  Hang in there!!  I am sure there help on the way!

Hislady
on 9/16/14 8:36 am - Vancouver, WA

Many of us are left with no choice but to self pay for removal and/ or revision. The band has screwed many of us in more ways than one!

Most Active