1st consultation.

joshie2645
on 9/17/14 1:35 am - Springdale, AR

I'm having my 1st consultation next Wednesday and I'm a little nervous. I have to talk to a psychologist. Any one know what kind of questions I will be asked? I've talked to psychologists before but it wasn't about my weight. Anyone have any pointers? Thanks!

Han Shot First
on 9/17/14 1:48 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Mine was made up of two parts.  The first was a test I had to take on the computer.  It was made up of over 650 questions!  After that, the psychologist looked at the results, and then we talked for about half an hour.  A lot of it was weight related, of course, but she was looking for all sorts of potential issues.  Just be open and honest, and remember that they're there to help you.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

MsBatt
on 9/17/14 3:14 am

Basically what they're looking for is whether you're emotionally stable, whether you understand the surgery you're getting, what sorts of changes you MUST make in your life, and whether you have reasonable expectations. Just be open and honest---and remember, they're not looking for reasons to 'fail' you, they're looking for things that need to be addressed in order to make you as successful as possible.

joshie2645
on 9/19/14 6:25 am - Springdale, AR

Did you have to do a EKG and blood work also? My dr is having me do the complete blood check, EKG, and where they look at my throat. What are they looking for exactly?

MsBatt
on 9/19/14 7:01 am

A complete set of blood labs is a VERY good idea. If you are low on anything, right now, before surgery, is the best time to work on that. Yes, I had an EKG, but I did not have an endoscopy. I have no clue what they're looking for when they do one---have you perhaps had some throat trouble in the past? Ulcers, trouble swallowing, acid reflux? Usually, your surgeon decides what pre-op tests you need, based on your medical history.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1481 views