Strictures.. UGH!! When do they STOP??

Livingsyngle
on 9/18/14 2:19 am - Windham, ME

Hey all... had surgery on 7/21... was back in for endoscopy with dilation on 8/21 and back in for a second one on 9/11... and I already have the same symptoms as previous to those two... it hasn't even been a week!!! When do they stop?? Anyone know of other alternatives to the endoscopy in regards to treatment?? The last one was pretty traumatic as the anesthesia didn't take and I can feel my anxiety setting in as I'm terrified to go in and have another one!!

Member Services
on 9/18/14 4:03 am - Irvine, CA

We just wanted to say we are sorry for all you are going through.  Can you speak with your doctor and let them know the anxiety you are feeling? Maybe they can give you something before the procedure to help...

MickeyDee
on 9/18/14 11:24 am

I've heard of folks here that have had great success with just one procedure, and others who've had to go through several.  We're all different.

Tell your surgeon about the mishap with the anestheseology (sp?) so he will make sure it doesn't happen again.

Livingsyngle
on 9/18/14 11:29 pm - Windham, ME

Thanks all!! I told him that day that it was bad and traumatizing... he seemed to not even realize I was in distress despite the fact that I raised my hand and verbalized the best I could (considering they have your mouth propped open) that I was going to be sick, and than proceeded to vomit/dry heave!! He's pretty dismissive and he sort of just walked out of the room before I could ask any questions... I'd love to switch docs.. just not sure the best way to go about it!!

56sunShine14
on 9/19/14 12:42 am

That does not sound like a healthy situation with that doc.  Are you talking about the one doing the endoscopy or your surgeon or PCP?  It may not be an easy challenge but personally, I would find another doctor!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1450 views