WARNING: MIGHT BE TMI for some

ANGELINA6501
on 9/17/14 12:23 pm
VSG on 12/16/14

Warning: Question about breasts! So this is probably an odd question and certainly one I couldn't find any info on the web about.

What do the doctors do to move or secure large breasts out of the way during surgery?

Also, since my girls are not "perky", I am worried about them laying over some of the incision sites. I should add that I have a yeast infection under my breasts. It is being treated, but I am concerned that if there is a breakout where the incisions are, that they will not do it because of risk of infection. (I have not been told this, but I am worried that it may be a problem.)

Thank you for your replies!

~Angela

VSG 12/16/2014   HW: 309 / SW: 280 / CW: 226

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/17/14 12:43 pm - OH

Some surgeons use the wide ace bandages if they need to hold very pendulous breasts in place.  Most of the time, though, for an abdominal surgery, the breasts simply fall to the side off your chest down into your armpit area and are already out of the way.  

It is when you are having a plastic surgery like a brachioplasty (arm lift) where the surgeon needs to actually access and cut into the armpit area that they need to be secured out of the way.

Unless the rash you have extends down several inches below where your breasts attach to your torso, it will probably not prevent your surgery.  It may be necessary to keep your incision sites covered post-op, though.  

I would suggest that you talk to your surgeon about it now.  He or she may be able to better treat the rash before surgery to actually get rid of it.  Whatever you do, put a layer of absorbent material between your breasts and your ribcage since that will do the most good to help eliminate the rash/infection.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Chilipepper
on 9/17/14 12:57 pm

I would call your primary and ask for an anti fungal cream to use prior to surgery 2 days it will be gone. After surgery. To prevent the rash I have used Zeazorb powder under my boobs for years. You find it in the foot care isle.  A dermatologist told me about it 10'yrs ago. I use it every day. 

Don't worry about surgery. They know how to secure everything. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Michele H.
on 9/17/14 1:15 pm - NJ

Most of the time, though, for an abdominal surgery, the breastsinto yall to the side off your chest down into your armpit area and are already out of the way.  

Urban Dictionary calls this "armpitties"  when your boobs fall into your armpits....lol.   I had breast reduction years ago, but I definitely had armpitties prior to the reduction.

Sorry, I know it's off topic but I thought it might give someone a chuckle.

Michele

Chilipepper
on 9/17/14 1:45 pm

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

lburrell
on 9/18/14 11:47 am

Love it! Armpitties! I spent some time preop obsessing over the image of myself lying on the table with my boobs hanging too and fro. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Good luck on your surgery?

RNY 7/28/14 - HW 312 (1/9/14) - SW 263. CW 164 (3/28/15)

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1386 views