OH is letting members down

Kate -True Brit
on 9/20/14 12:56 am - UK

if people keep on posting this, maybe the technical people will find someone who has some knowledge of how IT works.

It is now several months since I have received reliable e mail notifications of posts on a thread started by me, replies to a post made by me or the arrival of a message to me. I am aware that I am not the only one to whom this is happening. 

They are not going to my spam folder and I receive perhaps a third of the notifications I should receive.

This is inefficient and amateur. It makes communication between board members haphazard and can make people appear rude when they simply don't know they have been contacted.

If you acknowledge this, OH, please would you do more than offer a bland statement to the effect that this is being passed to your Tech Team and you thank us for our patience? Please tell us why a system which used to work well no longer does and why your IT team people are proving incompetent for so long, 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Karen M.
on 9/20/14 3:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

What Kate said ^^, me too. I *almost* resigned myself to the fact that receiving a few was better than none, but NO, it's really not.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/20/14 9:30 am - OH

No, it's really not. In some ways it is actually worse.

If someone (Ms X) is new here and sees that a member replied back to someone else (because they either got lucky and got a notification or happened to check the thread again) but the same member didn't reply to a follow-up question to them on a post by Ms X, then she is likely to just leave and find a forum where people DO respond.  

If she is new to OH, she either doesn't know that there has been a problem with not getting notifications for months now... or doesn't care because the bottom line is that it makes it more difficult for people to get the info/support they need... And there are other places they can go where the people they pose questions to WILL get notifications so they can respond.

OH needs new IT people.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Karen M.
on 9/20/14 9:35 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You're correct, it is worse. I've missed countless private messages from members seeking specific guidance, many forum responses and quite a few friend requests - I would hate to think that members, new or otherwise, may feel I'm not interested enough to respond to their questions.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

poet_kelly
on 9/20/14 3:12 am - OH

Apparently OH is not interested in fixing the problem.  Maybe they will fix it one day.  but maybe not.  I certainly would not expect it to get fixed.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/20/14 9:22 am - OH

Perhaps it has not occurred to them that they may be losing significant membership or board activity because someone posts, gets a response, and then asks the respondent another question, but then never gets an answer because the respondent has no idea that a second question was asked.

If I were new here and asked people follow up questions and they seemingly didn't bother to reply (and I had this happen time after time), I would find another forum.  It wouldn't matter to me that other members aren't getting notifications or that OH's IT people are still working on it months and months later.  All I would care about is that the forum wasn't meeting my needs and I would find one that was more used friendly.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 9/21/14 5:46 am - OH

I don't think it's possible that it has not occurred to them that they are losing membership because of the problem, since many members have pointed that out many times.  Apparently they just don't care if they lose members due to this problem.  Otherwise, they would fix it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/20/14 10:30 am

I don't know if there have been many changes at OH, but there has been obvious indifference to member issues here for at least 5 years. Most I know don't come here any longer, and I don't often either.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/20/14 10:51 am

Please, OH, fix these issues. I cannot see why they cannot be fixed after all this time, and as Lora said, it does give the appearance of rudeness when we don't respond because we didn't get notification.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Hislady
on 9/20/14 11:17 am - Vancouver, WA

Don't hold your breathe anyone because they still haven't made it photo friendly and folks have been asking for that since before I came here 8 years ago. This is just the latest in their indifference to member requests as long as they still have advertisers they really don't care about us we are merely an amusment for them. Now if the advertisers leave then they "might" do something about both problems but not until then.

Most Active